Nine murder cases in London from 2021 remain unsolved. Can you help bring the killers to justice?

Drekwon Patterson, 16, was found stabbed near Preston Road station in Wembley at around 11.30pm on 18 February.

He died in hospital at 9am the next morning.

Police appealed for information about a black Ford Mondeo reg YR54 NHN which was seen on CCTV driving away from the scene.

Police said the suspects got out of this black Mondeo

The car was found burnt out in Silver Jubilee Park in Kingsbury on 19 February.

DCI Richard Leonard said “I need to hear from any witnesses or anyone with information about this tragic murder – if you know anything that may be significant, please get in touch.

“In particular, I need to find out more information about a car – a black Ford Mondeo, – which was seen on CCTV driving away from the scene and found burnt out in Silver Jubilee Park, NW9 on 19 February.

“I believe this car was used in an initial attempt to injure Drekwon in a collision on Preston Road. After the Mondeo had been driven at him, Drekwon ran away and was chased by four suspects who had got out of the car, before being caught and fatally stabbed.

“We have to yet to establish who was using this Mondeo in the days leading up to the murder, and I am appealing for anyone who may have seen it to get in touch.”

Call the incident room on 020 8721 4622 or provide information anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Mohamed Ahmed, 23, was shot near Turnpike Lane and Willoughby Road in Hornsey, Haringey, at around 1.10am on 28 May.

He was pronounced dead at the scene at 1.55am. Police said he may have been killed in revenge for an earlier shooting.

DCI Neil Rawlinson said: “We suspect it to have been connected to an earlier firearms discharge on Park Lane, N17 that left a man injured.

“We believe friends of that man took him to hospital, and then travelled on to Turnpike Lane in a Honda Civic, happening upon Mohamed in Ducketts Common, before firing shots from the car and fleeing.”

Nobody has been charged with the murder.

Our hearts are broken, and we are still grieving the loss of Mohamed Ahmed, our beloved son and brother. It’s been such a difficult time for us as a family because of the utter shock and disbelief that he isn’t here with us anymore. He will always be in our memories and will forever live in our hearts.

Mohamed’s family statement

Matthias Poleon, 27, was shot on the front drive of his home in Bedford Hill, Balham, at around 10.50pm on 17 June.

He was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead at 11.36pm. A postmortem gave the cause of death as gunshot wound to the chest.

Police said Matthias was attacked without warning by two suspects wearing facemasks.

The suspects were said to have fled in the direction of Balham town centre in a grey VW Golf which has been traced by detectives.

Two men were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder and remain under investigation, but nobody has been charged.

Matthias Poleon
Matthias Poleon

Crimestoppers has offered a £20,000 reward for information leading to a conviction.

I need justice for my boy. The killers need to be brought to justice, they need to understand that their decision to kill my boy has left me with the biggest hole in my heart. I can’t close my eyes without seeing my boy laying lifeless. I’m broken over this, devastated beyond words.

If you have any information please get in touch with the police or Crimestoppers and bring the killer/killers of my beautiful son to justice. I miss my son every day.

Matthias’s mother, Vina Poleon, speaking in 2023

Detectives said they believe there are witnesses who have yet to come forward with crucial information which could help solve the case.

DI Ollie Stride said: “The anniversary of Matthias’s death brings his family – especially his mother – fresh grief on what has already been a terrible ordeal for them. They cannot begin to grieve until justice has been served. We have spoken to a number of people, but we know the area would have been busy with people at the time.

“All Matthia’s family want is justice. If you can help us, I urge you to make contact with us, or Crimestoppers, immediately.”

When I got the phone call that my brother had been shot, everything stood still.

Being the eldest of five, I’ve always played the role of protector for my siblings, however in that moment I felt helpless. When the doctor told us he had gone, I remember feeling sadness, rage, and disbelief. I didn’t want to believe it. I didn’t want to believe that he had been taken from us by cowards.

I just want justice for my brother. This devastation has broken my family, and I just want those responsible brought to justice so my family can have some peace. Especially my mother who has shown her strength in this time of turmoil because no mother deserves to bury her youngest child.

Matthias’ brother Anthony, speaking in 2023

Call the incident room on 0208 785 8244 or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Frank McKeever, 61, was last seen alive at around 10pm on 28 August, when he was walking along Highbury Park, close to the junction of Highbury Grange.

He has not been in contact with family or friends since then and has not used his phones or bank accounts. He was reported missing on 9 September.

His disappearance is being investigated by homicide detectives and a man and woman were arrested on suspicion of murder but nobody has been charged.

DCI Jim Eastwood, Specialist Crime, said: “Although no body has been found, the disappearance of Frank McKeever is being treated as a suspected homicide. I want to hear from anyone who has information relating to Frank’s disappearance or thinks they may have seen him since 28 August. He was last seen wearing a black bomber jacket, black top, dark trousers and black shoes.”

If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of our brother Frank McKeever who has been missing since 28 August, please contact the police urgently as his loved ones are all extremely concerned for his welfare and will support him with whatever help he needs.

Statement from family of Frank McKeever

To provide information call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Alex Ajanaku, 18, was shot on Beaumont Road, Leyton, at around 1.29am on 1 September 2021.

Alex Ajanaku
Alex Ajanaku

The teenager had attended an unlicensed music event on the Beaumont Estate earlier that night. After most of the crowd dispersed, he was sitting on a bench with a small group of friends when the shots were fired.

Alex was pronounced dead at 2.28am and a postmortem confirmed the cause of death was a gunshot wound.

The suspects are believed to have used a black Kia Sportage to drive to and from the scene of the murder. It had been stolen in Chingford shortly before midnight on 16 August. CCTV captured the car driving near the Beaumont Estate shortly before the shooting. It was found abandoned and fire damaged in Walthamstow two days later on 3 September.

Four men were arrested during the investigation but the case remains unsolved.

The Metropolitan Police has offered a £20,000 reward for information leading to a conviction.

During a further appeal in March 2024, DS Fenton Davis said: “Although we have made four arrests as part of our investigation, we still need your help to identify who was responsible for taking Alex’s life.

“Alex was at a music event on the estate the previous evening and a large number of people would have been there. At about 23:50hrs on the 31 August 2021 there was an incident on the estate when a moped rider with pillion passenger rode through the event and it caused the crowd to disperse. Did you see this incident? Whilst we do not believe the incident with the moped was the catalyst for Alex’s murder, we want to build up as detailed a picture as possible as to what occurred on the estate that night. Any piece of information could be crucial to the investigation.

“Please do the right things and call us.”

My life was completely devastated by Alex’s murder. I loved him so much and miss him every day. It has been more than two years since he was killed and nobody has been brought to justice for his murder. I want to appeal to anyone who has any information about what happened or who is responsible for Alex’s death to come forward and talk to police.”

Statement by Alex’s mother in January 2024

To provide information call police on 101 or call the incident room directly on 020 8345 3775. To contact Crimestoppers anonymously, call 0800 555 111.

Chino Johnson, 27, was shot in Ferrey Mews, Brixton, at around 8.57pm on 12 September.

He was pronounced dead a short time later. A 29-year-old woman also suffered gunshot wounds and a 26-year-old woman suffered superficial injuries.

Police believe two suspects rode into Ferrey Mews on a moped before opening fire on a group of people socialising outside.

The suspects then fled on the moped in the direction of Bennett Road and Dora Way. The moped is described as light coloured – either white or silver – with a large black square box mounted on the rear and an L plate hanging down. It is believed to be either a Yamaha NX or a similar model.

DCI Vicky Tunstall said: “I would like to hear from anyone who saw the moped we believe was used. Did you see it being driven with two people on either directly before or after 21:00hrs on Sunday? Have you seen it discarded since or hidden somewhere in the local area? There will be people in this community who know those responsible for Chino’s murder. I would urge them to come forward, to speak to my team – in confidence – and to help us make that vital breakthrough in our investigation.”

A man was arrested at Heathrow airport but nobody has been charged.

To provide information call the incident room on 020 8721 4622.

Leroy Mitchell, 35, was shot in a car park in Birdhurst Road, Croydon, shortly before 5am on 2 October. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said the father-of-three had attended a silent disco at an address in Birdhurst Road before the shooting and appealed for witnesses to come forward.

A £20,000 reward for information was offered by the independent Crimestoppers charity.

DCI Katherine Goodwin said: “Officers would like to speak to anyone who was at that party, which is believed to be a silent disco. Even if you do not think you saw or heard anything significant, please contact police if you were there.

“Leroy was a popular local man and his family and friends have been left absolutely devastated by his death. I also want to appeal for any witnesses, anyone with information or anyone who may have relevant dashcam or other footage to please get in touch.”

Leroy was a beautiful soul, hardworking, with a zest for life. He cherished his family and friends. He was loved by so many people, and his death will be felt for a long time to come. Leroy was a hard working family man and devoted father of three children. He had a big family and a big heart, always looked after his Mum and always tried to bring the family together.

He was about to start a new job as a Royal Mail lorry driver, the Monday after he was murdered. Leroy never missed football training with his son and also took the son of a friend who had lost his wife. He loved all those that he surrounded himself with. His family and friends were the most important aspect of Leroy’s life.

He was someone always happy to help, he always strived to make a change to others life. Leroy touched the hearts of everyone he met. Leroy had such a bright future ahead, seeing his children grow and blossom into strong, positive independent adults. It’s heart wrenchingly difficult as a family to think this has been ripped away from us all. He will be missed terribly.

Statement by Leroy’s family

Appealing for witnesses to come forward, the family added: “I want to direct this message to whoever is responsible for killing my son: You know who you are. You have broken dozens of people’s hearts. Your actions have left a mark on my entire family. To the Croydon community, and anyone who has information about what happened to my son, whilst the person or people responsible for Leroy’s death are free, there should be no silence on the streets.”

To provide information call the police on 020 8785 8244 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

The body of Roy Bigg was found in a freezer at a disused pub in Forest Gate, Newham, at around 3pm on 15 October 2021.

Roy had been missing since February 2012 when he was aged 67 and police are appealing for information about his lifestyle, habits and his movements leading up to his disappearance.

He was identified through his dental records after his remains were found in the freezer by builders working in the basement of the premises on Romford Road, formerly known as Simpson’s Wine Bar.

The postmortem was unable to identify a case of death because of the passage of time but detectives told BBC Crimewatch that they believed because of the circumstances that he was assaulted and murdered.

DCI Kelly Allen of the Met’s Specialist Crime Command said: “We believe that Roy’s body may have been in the freezer for a number of years. Speaking to people who knew him will help us establish not only his lifestyle and habits, but also when he was last seen. If you knew Roy please do get in touch with us – his birth date was 8 September 1944, we believe he would have been aged around 70 when he died. It doesn’t matter if it’s been a long time since you knew him, or if you only knew him briefly, any information may be of real significance to our enquiries.”

Riccardo Holness, 42, was assaulted in High Street, Beckenham, at around 1.22am on 17 October.

He was taken to hospital in a critical condition but died on 12 November. A postmortem gave the cause of death as blunt force trauma to the head.

A 26 year-old man was arrested but nobody has been charged.

DI Dave Blair said: “We would ask anyone who witnessed the assault or who has any information to contact us as soon as possible.”

To provide information call police on 101 or ring Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Ian Gualavisi, 23, was stabbed at his family restaurant in Elephant and Castle, south London, on 14 December.

CCTV cameras captured an attacker chasing him through the venue in Maldonado Walk off Hampton Street at around 7.46pm.

He suffered a stab wound to the back and was pronounced dead at the scene.

Ten people have been arrested during the investigation but nobody has been charged with the murder.

DCI Chris Wood said: “Ian had recently taken on running a family-owned restaurant where he worked and had a life full of opportunity ahead of him. Instead, he has been tragically taken from his family, and they will never be able to celebrate any more milestones like this achievement with him.

“Ian was born in London and was of Ecuadorian heritage and the restaurant he worked in was popular with the Latin American community. I am convinced that there are people within this community that have vital information regarding Ian’s murder.

“I would therefore appeal directly to anyone who has any information to come forward and speak to us. No matter how insignificant it may seem to you, it could be vital to our investigation and giving Ian’s family the answers they deserve.”

Our pain will never go away. He was only 23 years old, and he was murdered in the most horrific way. He was a young man who loved to cook. Customers never had anything but praise for his culinary skills, kindness and his respectful attitude towards them. Our restaurant will never be the same for us as a family, or for our regular customers. Before we can start to come to terms with this, we need the police to find the people responsible for this cruelty. We therefore ask that anyone with information about Ian’s killers, no matter how small, contact the police

Family statement

To provide information contact police on 101 or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Support murdermap

We rely on subscriptions and donations to fund the website.
Sign up for just £5 per year.

Join the conversation

1 Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  1. What can I say? This unsolved murder cases are alarming. I hope these people and their families find justice! My heart goes out to all victims, especially to the 18 year old boy, Alex Ajanaku who was shot dead. He must have lived a life but it ended in just a snap.