Seven murder cases in London from the year 2022 remain unsolved. Can you help bring the killers to justice?

Petru-Sorin Doleanu, 41, died in hospital on 29 March as a result of brain injuries he suffered during an assault three months earlier. Police said he was with two friends near the Job Centre in St John’s Road, Wembley, when he was approached by an unknown man and punched in the head shortly before 9pm on 17 December 2021. His friends called an ambulance the following morning and paramedics alerted police at around 11am. He remained in hospital until his death. A 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder on 15 July 2022 and released under investigation.

Daneche Tison, 26, was shot outside a block of flats in Bruckner Street, Queen’s Park, City of Westminster, at around 1.56am on 19 July. He arrived at hospital at around 2.10am but died a short time later.

A postmortem found he died of a gunshot wound to the heart, and also suffered a gunshot wound to the back. Eight men were arrested during the investigation but nobody has been charged.

Appealing for information in August, Daneche’s family said: “It’s been a month since we lost our beloved son, brother, grandson, and nephew Daneche Tison. Our lives will never be the same. Our sole mission now as a family is to find out who was responsible for cutting such a young and talented life short before his time, and will not rest until we do. We would appreciate anyone who may have any information, to please contact the police.”

Camilo Palacio, 22, was shot in Stuart Crescent near Wood Green tube station in High Road, Wood Green, Haringey, at about 9.30pm on 24 July. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 10pm.

The suspects are believed to have opened fire from a dark coloured Range Rover. At least six shots were fired, one of them hitting Camilo in the chest.

A 22-year-old man man was charged with murder on 4 July but the case was dropped on 14 September. Four others were charged with assisting an offender and perverting the course of justice and await trial.

Takayo Nembhard, 21, was stabbed in Ladbroke Grove under the Westway flyover at around 8pm on 29 August, the final day of the Notting Hill Carnival. He was pronounced dead after being taken to hospital.

A postmortem gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the femoral artery in the groin.

Takayo, a rapper using the name TKorStretch, was expecting a baby with his partner and had travelled from his home in Bristol to visit the carnival with his sister and friends. His son was born in November 2022.

Police said there was a large crowd in the area when Takayo was stabbed in an apparently unprovoked attack.

Five men have been arrested on suspicion of murder during the investigation but nobody has been charged.

In August 2023 the charity Crimestoppers offered a £20,000 reward for information leading to a conviction.

During a renewed appeal, Detective Inspector Laura Semple of the Metropolitan Police said: “Takayo’s family remain devastated at his loss. His son is growing up having never known his dad.

“Takayo was a talented rapper and singer from Bristol who had visited the carnival with his friends and sister. He had done nothing to provoke the attack that day.

“We still really need the help of anyone who has information to bring those responsible to justice. I hope the offer of this substantial reward from the charity Crimestoppers with the appeal to contact them anonymously will encourage people to do the right thing.”

Takayo’s family said: “Takayo’s death has left a painful ache for all who loved him and still love him. He was so looking forward to being a dad and would have made a fabulous one as he came from a strong family unit. His son was born on 9 November and although this should have been a happy occasion, it was bittersweet. Our family, which includes his girlfriend, continue to struggle with coping without him on a daily basis. Our family beg the public to provide any info they may have, be that videos or photos that were taken on 29 August in the Ladbroke Grove area. Please help us to bring Takayo’s killers to justice and therefore some comfort to us knowing he didn’t die in vain.”

Information can be provided to the police via a website portal or by calling 020 7175 2206. Information can also be provided anonymously to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Maximillian Kusi-Owusu, 29, was shot near a block of flats in Kensington High Street, West Kensington W14, at around 2.02am on 4 September. He died in hospital at 5.32am.

The father-of-two was known as a drill rapper under the name M Lo, according to reports.

A 29-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder but was released with no further action.

On the first anniversary of the shooting, Detective Chief Inspector Mike Nolan said: “Our investigation remains ongoing, and we are determined to find whomever is responsible for this tragic incident.

“Whilst we have carried out an extensive investigation, including a thorough review of local CCTV, we still require your help.

“It has been a year since Maximillian was killed and his family are still without the answers they need. I am asking for your help to identify who fired that fatal shot. I am certain that someone has the information that will allow us to make arrests.

“This murder occurred in the early hours of a Sunday morning in an area that would have been busy after people enjoyed a night out. Did you see or hear anything suspicious? We are particularly interested in anyone who has information regarding a silver Alfa Romeo Stelvio seen in the area of Radnor Terrace at that time.

“Please do the right thing and come forward. If you do not want to speak with officers, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”

To provide information directly to the police call 101 or tweet @MetCC giving the reference CAD 824/04Sep22.

Michael Agyare, 24, was stabbed in Fairfield Road, Kingston, on the night of 13 October 2022.

Police were called at around 10.17pm after the victim sought help in a pub garden in Fairfield East. Paramedics and the London Air Ambulance attended but he was pronounced dead at the scene.

A postmortem found that he had been stabbed in the neck and the chest.

Detectives appealed for witnesses but nobody has been charged with the murder.

In April 2024 an inquest heard that the suspect wanted by police in connection with the attack had fled to Turkey and cannot be extradited to the UK to stand trial due to his Turkish heritage.

Lemar Rashawan Urqhart, 27, was shot in Railton Road, Herne Hill, Lambeth, at around 7.50pm on 30 October.

He had been in a white MG car which collided with a moped rider while being chased by a second vehicle.

The moped rider, Guilherme Messias da Silva, 21, was finishing his shift as a delivery driver at the time of the crash. Guilherme suffered fatal injuries in the collision at around 7.50pm and died at the scene.

Urquhart, who was known as Perm, got out of the vehicle following the crash and was pursued by a man from a second vehicle before being shot. He died at the scene.

The gunman then got back into the second car and fled the scene. 

A 19-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder in February 2023. Nobody has been charged and the case remains unsolved. (Previously a 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter in relation to Guilherme Messias but was later released with no further action.)

Crimestoppers are offering a £20,000 reward leading to the arrest and prosecution of the gunman.

The parents of Lemar are grieving the loss of their son and would like to appeal to anyone with information to come forward and assist the police in their investigation.

Statement by family of Lemar Urquhart

Guilherme Messias’s mother Rosangela said in a statement: “I am here to tell you how devastated and shattered I am by the premature death of my son who went to the United Kingdom in search of a better life for himself and our family. Unfortunately, Guilherme’s death happened in a tragic way, and it was caused by irresponsible people who deserve to be punished for taking away the life of an innocent person. My son was a calm, quiet and hardworking boy. My sadness goes beyond my soul for losing my beloved son.”

Note: Unsolved in this context refers to cases which have not yet resulted in a murder charge or a conviction. Cases may be added or removed when further information about the status of investigations is received.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *