Unsolved Murders in London: 2016

These 14 murders in London in 2016 remain unsolved*. Can you help?

Harjit Singh Dulai, 44, was stabbed to death after meeting a drug dealer in Rosedale Park off Albion Road in Hayes at around 6.40pm on 27 January 2016. A 16 year-old boy was acquitted of murder in July 2016 but police continue to appeal for information.
Call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

The skeletal remains of Junior George Nelson, 52, from Kilburn, were discovered on an overgrown embankment in Rabournmead Drive, Northolt, on 13 March 2016.

He had been reported missing in August 2015. A postmortem was inconclusive and it is not known how long his body had been there.

Detectives believe his death was connected to the supply of drugs.

Detective Inspector Jamie Stevenson said: “One of our lines of enquiry is that he met his death as a result of a violent act and his body was deposited in the area that his attackers may be familiar with.”

Call the incident room on 020 8355 0400.

Lewis Elwin, 20, was stabbed to death in Tooting on 18 April 2016.

The trainee electrician collapsed near a primary school in Penwortham Road at around 3.47pm.

His murder remains unsolved and police continue to appeal for information about a silver five-door Peugeot 307 registration KP03 ZTD seen in the area at the time.

Call the incident room on 0208 721 4005.

Rukevwe Tadafe, 21, was stabbed twice in the chest during a fight with three men in Molesworth Street, Lewisham, at around 8.40pm on 30 April 2016. He died in hospital five days later.

A 23 year-old man was acquitted of murder in November 2016 after telling jurors at the Old Bailey that, while he fought with the victim, he was not responsible for the fatal stab wounds. Call the incident room on 020 8345 3775

Abdi Gutale, a 24 year-old minicab driver, was shot dead as he drove his Vauxhall Zafira near the junction of Melbourne Road and Capworth Street in Leyton at around 3.15am on 14 May 2016. A friend in the car suffered a gunshot wound to the foot. A man was charged with murder but the case was discontinued before trial. Call the incident room on 020 8345 3865.

Matthew Kitandwe, 18, was stabbed to death outside his home in Wayford Street, Battersea on 21 June 2016. He was a student at South Thames College who had played football for the Ugandan youth team. Call the incident room on 020 8721 4054.

Mohammed Hassan, 35, was stabbed to death on the Winstanley Estate in Battersea at around 6.06pm on 3 August 2016. Two other men, aged 33 and 35, also suffered stab injuries. Police described it as “a violent attack in broad daylight.” Call the incident room on 020 8721 4005.

Andrew Oteng-Owusu, 19, collapsed on his front doorstep in Sharratt Street, New Cross, after being stabbed at around 11.41pm on 3 August 2016. He died in hospital the next morning. Friends described him as a “gentle giant” who was a carer for his mother. Call the incident room on 020 8721 4961.

David Robinson, 25, was shot four times at the Big House 101 recording studio in Sunnyside Road, Hornsey Rise, shortly before 9pm on 20 August 2016. Firearms experts concluded the weapon may have been a Smith and Wesson revolver. Call the incident room on 020 8345 3775.

Jordan Bari, 20, was shot in the stomach when he answered the door at a block of flats in Bethnal Green at around 8.05pm on 3 October 2016.

Mr Bari, a Taekwondo black belt who lived in Stratford, had gone to the flat to celebrate his friend’s birthday. He suffered a critical injury to his abdomen and was pronounced dead at the scene at William Rathbone House in Florida Street shortly after 8.45pm.

Police believed four suspects were involved in the attack on the flat, which was being used for drug dealing. It was thought the motive was linked to a £3,200 drug debt.

CCTV footage released by police showed three men running away into Derbyshire Street towards Brady Street. Two of the men can be seen passing something between themselves.

Three men were charged with murder: Bobby Lawrence, 21 (01.08.95) of Canonbury Street, Islington, Abdallah Salaheedin, 28, (20.12.87) of Spring Gardens, and Billy Flynn. However in January 2017 the prosecution dropped the murder charge and announced they were proceeding with the lesser charge of manslaughter.

All three suspects went on trial at the Old Bailey on 19 June 2017. They were each acquitted of manslaughter and possession of a firearm with intent to cause fear of violence on 7 July 2017.

The fourth suspect was named in court as Sami Carter, 24, from Highbury. He was still wanted by police and was thought to have fled the country.

Contact the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or give information anonymously via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Kacper Latuszek, 31, was found dead at a house in Forest Road, Walthamstow, at arund 10.35pm on 8 October 2016. A post-mortem revealed the cause of death was internal bleeding. Call the incident room on 020 8345 3715.

Ziggy Worrell-Owusu, 19, was stabbed at an 18th birthday party at the Basement Lounge Shisha bar in Goodmayes Road, Ilford, at around 12.40am on 27 October 2016.

Police said there were around 100 people at the party when Ziggy was stabbed in the groin during a fight. Witnesses said he was trying to break it up.

Call the incident room on 020 8345 3865.

James Owusu-Agyekum, 22, was shot five times on his doorstep in Tynsdale Road, Harlesden, at around 10.45pm on 2 November 2016.

Detectives believe the student was targeted by two suspects on a bicycles after being mistaken for someone else amid a dispute between two local gangs.

After the shooting, the suspects rode off towards the nearby Stonebridge estate.

Police want to identify the two people riding bicycles

James was a popular young man from a devout Christian family and had taken time out of his studies to care for his disabled mother.

It is still fresh in my mind. I have days where I see him dying in my arms all over again. There has been no comfort in not knowing who or why these people heartlessly took my son’s life. Not knowing anything makes each and every day harder. James would do anything to help anyone. Now he needs everyone to help him.

Deborah Owusu, James’ mother

Nobody has been charged and the Metropolitan Police are offering a £10,000 reward for information leading to a conviction.

Detective Chief Inspector Katherine Goodwin said: “Four years have passed since James’ life was cruelly taken from him. His family have had to live with the pain and torment of knowing his killer is still out there for all these years. They have not given up, and neither have we, and we are more determined than ever that we will catch those responsible for this terrible crime. James was a much-loved young man who would do anything for his family. He was a university student with big dreams and a bright future ahead of him. Sadly, all of that was brutally taken from him. Anyone with any information, no matter how small the detail, is asked to get in touch. Help us get justice for James and bring his family a small measure of peace.”

Call the Incident Room on 020 8785 8244 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Mohamed Kakay, 33, was stabbed to death in the gardens of St Giles Church in Camberwell Church Street, Camberwell, at around 9.15am on Saturday 19 November 2016.

Police said Mr Kakay had spent the night at a flat in Wilson Road before entering the gardens at the rear of the church with two suspects shortly before he was stabbed.

The suspects were seen leaving via the front of the church as the congregation were coming out. Call the incident room on 020 8721 4961.

*unsolved cases are defined in this case as those where nobody has been charged with murder or manslaughter, or nobody has been convicted.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *