Unsolved Murders in London: 2015

These seven cases of murder in London in 2015 remain unsolved*. Can you help?

Redwan El-Ghaidouni, 38, was shot dead in a suspected ‘hit’ outside his home in Vine, Lane Uxbridge on 3 February 2015.

The father-of-three was sat in his Audi A3 on the driveway when he was approached by a lone gunman who fired eight shots through the car window shortly before 7pm. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 8pm.

Police described the killer as a man in a dark hooded top with a large motif on the front, light bottoms, dark gloves and dark shoes. DCI Noel McHugh said: “We have released CCTV footage of the man we believe murdered Redwan making off after the shooting and also visiting the area before the incident. He had been seen in Saunders Road, which is next to Vine Lane, numerous times in the days before the murder – we believe these were failed attempts by the suspect to get an opportunity to shoot Redwan.”

CCTV of suspect after murder

Police said Redwan had a criminal past and was previously linked to drug importation. He had been released from prison almost seven months before his death and was working full-time at a car dealership.

I was expecting my beloved Redwan to return home from work to look after our three children. As he arrived home he was executed and he never stood a chance. Our three young children will now grow up without their loving father. His mother, father and siblings are left without a son and brother. We would like to appeal to the public to assist the police with any information they can provide. We are left numb with pain and he will be greatly missed.’

Mr El-Ghaidouni’s partner Samantha Taitt

Call the incident room on 020 8785 8099.

Terry Isaacs, 56, died in hospital from multiple head injuries five days after he was found injured in Bannister Close, Tulse Hill, at 7.44am on 19 February 2015.

He was last seen in Christchurch Road at 12.51am, when it is believed he was heading home to Brixton. Police appealed for information about a missing blue bag, a wallet, a metal tobacco tin, an Alcatel mobile phone and a Samsung mobile phone. Contact the incident room on 020 8721 4054.

Ola Raji, 20, was shot dead as he cycled in East Surrey Grove, Peckham, at around 10.30pm on 21 April 2015. He was also stabbed after he fell to the ground. Detectives appealed for information on two suspects seen running towards Sumner Road. Contact the incident room on 020 8721 4205.

Lukey Maxwell, 22, was stabbed in the back in Northumberland Park, Tottenham, on 5 June 2015. Police charged Arthur Gorol, 36, with murder but the case was discontinued due to insufficient evidence on 17 August 2015. Contact the incident room on 020 8358 0200.

Erdogan Guzel, 42, was shot dead in a drive-by shooting in Lordship Lane, Wood Green, on 10 July 2015. Police said he was an innocent father-of-two who happened to be standing outside the bakery his family owned when shots were fired from the rear passenger window of a black Honda Civic. A woman was also injured.

CCTV of gunman’s car before drive-by shooting

My brother’s children have had to endure the pain of losing him, during what should by rights have been carefree years. The loss of their father, who was taken from them in such a cruel way, has caused serious, emotional trauma. Although I have done my best to support them in coming to terms with this, nothing can make up for what happened that day in 2015. Erdogan was a key figure in the family bakery business and as such, the family has struggled to operate effectively without him – this has resulted in heavy debt and very sadly, his children have lost their family home in Tottenham. I would like to appeal directly to anyone who has even the smallest piece of information which could assist police, whether this is about his killers or something else which you haven’t yet shared with the investigation team.

Erdogan’s brother Yunus Guzel

Contact the incident room on 020 8345 1570.

Marvin Couson, 39, died 13 years after being shot outside a bar in Curtain Road, Shoreditch.

In the early hours of 12 May 2002 Marvin, who was then aged 26 and living in West Norwood while working fitting security systems for retailers, was enjoying a night out at the Lime in London Bar (now known as the Queen of Hoxton) with his cousin and a friend.

At around 3.40am, when there were around 200 people inside the bar, a dispute broke out between one of the promoters of the ‘Ouch’ garage and hip-hop event and group of between 10 and 15 black men.

Another man approached the group, lifted his arm and fired a small handgun. A large crowd of people, including Marvin and his friend, left the bar and moved into Curtain Road and Worship Street.

Outside the bar, Marvin’s friend was hit by a T-reg red or burgundy Ford Fiesta driving fast along Curtain Road. He grappled with the front seat passenger before a gun was fired. When he walked back towards the bar he saw Marvin lying on the ground with a bullet wound to the chest.

After surgery to repair the damage to his heart and other internal organs, he was transferred to the Royal Hospital for Neuro-Disability in Putney. He was unable to care for himself or leave his hospital bed. He could not communicate and had no capacity to understand anything said to him.

Marvin Couson in 2009

Marvin died in hospital on 8 August 2015 from a brain injury he suffered as a result of being shot.

Police believe that he was the innocent victim of a dispute between organised criminal gangs from London and Birmingham. Marvin himself was not involved in gangs or criminality.

No one has ever been charged with the murder.

During a renewed appeal in 2022, DCI Geoff Grogan said: “It is impossible to imagine the pain and suffering Marvin’s family have gone through, enduring years of heartache, visiting his hospital bedside every day for 13 years while he lay there before finally succumbing to his injuries.

“We need your help to end this and help them see justice. Where you there that night? Were you one of those in the car with the man who fatally shot Marvin? Maybe you are scared as you feel embroiled in his actions but there was only one person who pulled that trigger and that is the person we need to find. Loyalties and allegiances change over time.

“Do you have any other information, no matter how small? Was there chat at the time, or since? It’s a long time ago but you would know if you were there and you were know if you were keeping information to yourself that could help our investigation and Marvin’s family. Put yourself in their shoes and do the right thing.”

For 13 years Marvin was imprisoned and we visited him every day in hospital. To whoever killed Marvin, my little boy, you tried to kill our family. No-one should suffer like this. I would like those young boys who take guns and knives to look at the consequences of their actions. There are real people behind your cowardly actions.

Marvin’s mother Emily, speaking in 2016

Marvin wasn’t involved in crime, he loved life and his family, he had the best years of his life ahead of him. His two children are now grown up and have been robbed of the precious memories they should have had with their father. We cannot move on and we cannot give up our fight for justice. I’m asking kindly for anyone with information to think of what we have endured and please please come forward to police or anonymously to Crimestoppers with anything you know.

Marvin’s sister Margaret, speaking in 2022

Contact the police on 020 8785 8099 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Tadas Jarusevicius, 29, was found beaten to death under a flyover near Plumstead Railway Station at around 2pm on 23 September 2015. The Lithuanian national had suffered blunt force trauma to the head and neck. It is believed he had been living under the bridge with a group of other homeless men. Contact the incident room on 020 8721 4205.

*Unsolved as in no suspects are awaiting trial for murder or manslaughter, or have been convicted.

Join the conversation


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

  1. Laura – I think that it is extremely unlikely that these people were stalked/ targeted by a ‘psychopath’. Most of them probably knew the killer/s, and most of the murders were probably spontaneous. Lots of people are creepy. Very few are killers.

  2. If I was a investigator, I’d look into charities popping up where people loosely come and go , see if there is any connections like they used to attend, say for example a Choir . I just noticed in London they are the sort of places to have ex homeless and if someone was a Psychopathic type who wanted to know victims they would probably attend places like that , basically I am saying this because some people give me the creeps, it maybe just a feeling off the back of trying magic mushrooms over summer, (people call it flash back’s) but I wouldn’t forgive myself if my instincts were onto anything.