Total: 6 (last updated 23/1/20)
Note: This is not an official list and may differ from those kept by police or government agencies. They include murders and manslaughters in the 33 London boroughs. Other possible cases (e.g. unexplained deaths) will be listed separately afterwards.
- Takieddine Boudhane, 30, was stabbed in Lennox Road, near Charteris Road, Finsbury Park, at around 6.50pm on 3 January. He was pronounced dead at the scene 7.42pm. Mr Boudhane was an Algerian national who had lived in the UK for three years and worked as a motorcycle delivery driver for Uber Eats and Deliveroo. He was with another rider when he was attacked by the driver of a VW van. Police said it appeared to be a spontaneous “traffic altercation”.
- The dismembered body of William Algar, a vulnerable 53-year-old musician, was found at an address in Nowell Road, Barnes, on 3 January after concerns were raised about the welfare of an occupant. The postmortem revealed he had died of a stab wound to the chest. Further remains were found during a search of Edgar Road, close to Hounslow Heath, on 11 January. A 17-year-old boy was charged with murder.
- Krasimir Kartikov, a 60-year-old Bulgarian, was found dead at his home in Whitehorse Road, Croydon, at around 8.50am on 13 January. A postmortem gave the cause of death as multiple injuries. Nikolay Zhivkov, 44, was charged with murder.
- A 29-year-old man was found stabbed in Elmstead Road, Seven Kings, after police were called to a disturbance at 7.38pm on 19 January. He was one off three victims, who were all pronounced dead at the scene. See below.
- A 30-year-old man was stabbed in the same incident. Detective Chief Superintendent Stephen Clayman, Commander of the Met’s East Area BCU, said: “We believe the parties involved were from the Sikh community and known to each other. A fight has taken place which has escalated, resulting in three people being fatally attacked.”
- A 38-year-old man was stabbed in the same incident. Police said they did not believe it to be gang related.
The following cases are not included:
A man in his 40s died at HMP Thameside after being found with a slash wound to his throat at around 2.37am on 12 January. A man in his 30s was arrested on suspicion of murder but the Metropolitan Police said officers were investigating whether the wound was self-inflicted or the result of an assault. They later confirmed they were treating the death as non-suspicious.
Suspicious death of a woman in her 60s who was found suffering from head injuries after police were called to a disturbance at a residential address in Waverley Avenue, Chingford, at 11.35pm on 22 January. She was pronounced dead at the scene.