Total: 32 (last updated 1/4/20)
Note: This is not an official list and may differ from those kept by police or government agencies. They include murders and manslaughters in the 33 London boroughs. Other possible cases (e.g. unexplained deaths) will be listed separately afterwards.
- Takieddine Boudhane, 30, was stabbed in Lennox Road, near Charteris Road, Finsbury Park, at around 6.50pm on 3 January. He was pronounced dead at the scene 7.42pm. Mr Boudhane was an Algerian national who had lived in the UK for three years and worked as a motorcycle delivery driver for Uber Eats and Deliveroo. He was with another rider when he was attacked by the driver of a VW van. Police said it appeared to be a spontaneous “traffic altercation”.
- The dismembered body of William Algar, a vulnerable 53-year-old musician, was found at an address in Nowell Road, Barnes, on 3 January after concerns were raised about the welfare of an occupant. The postmortem revealed he had died of a stab wound to the chest. Further remains were found during a search of Edgar Road, close to Hounslow Heath, on 11 January. A 17-year-old boy was charged with murder.
- Krasimir Kartikov, a 60-year-old Bulgarian, was found dead at his home in Whitehorse Road, Croydon, at around 8.50am on 13 January. A postmortem gave the cause of death as multiple injuries. Nikolay Zhivkov, 44, was charged with murder.
- Narinder Singh Lubhaya, 29, was one of three men found stabbed in Elmstead Road, Seven Kings, after police were called to a disturbance at 7.38pm on 19 January. All three were Indian nationals living in the Ilford area. They were pronounced dead at the scene. See below.
- Harinder Kumar, 30, was stabbed in the same incident. Detective Chief Superintendent Stephen Clayman, Commander of the Met’s East Area BCU, said: “We believe the parties involved were from the Sikh community and known to each other. A fight has taken place which has escalated, resulting in three people being fatally attacked.”
- Malkit Singh Dhillon, also known as Baljinder Singh, 37, was stabbed in the same incident. Police said they did not believe it to be gang related. Sandeep Singh, 29, was charged with conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm and causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
- Beverley Denahy, 61, was found suffering from head injuries after police were called to a disturbance at a flat in Waverley Avenue, Chingford, at 11.35pm on 22 January. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Her son Mitchell Denahy, 24, was charged with murder.
- A Polish man in his 60s was found stabbed to death after police were called to a disturbance at a residence in Mount Pleasant Lane, Clapton, at 11.29pm on 24 January. He was pronounced dead a short time later. Dawid Wycik, a 22-year-old Polish national, was charged with murder.
- Louis Johnson, 16, was stabbed inside East Croydon train station at around 4.45pm on 27 January. Police said he was on the overbridge when he met the suspect, “who immediately pulls out a knife and stabs him.” A 16-year-old boy was charged with murder.
- Marc Allen, 51, was found suffering from head injuries on Peareswood Road, Erith, at 3am on 29 December 2019. He remained in a coma until his death on 29 January 2020. Detectives believe Mr Allen came out of his home to confront a man trying to steal his car. The suspect then deliberately drove towards the victim, hitting him and forcing him over the top of the car, before driving off. The car, a grey Mercedes GLA, was recovered from the E14 area on 31 December 2019.
- Eraj Seifi, 46, was shot in the head in Bravington Road, Queens Park, on 29 January and died in hospital on 7 February. Errol James, 51, and Romello Briggs-Leon, 25, were charged with attempted murder before the victim’s death.
- James Dowdell, 54, was found dead at a home in St Mark’s Grove, Chelsea, at 6.50pm on 17 February. The cause of death was strangulation and blunt force trauma. Mohammed Assri, 46, was charged with murder.
- Sundeep Ghuman, 36, was found with head injuries at HMP Belmarsh in Thamesmead at 8pm on 18 February. He died in hospital on 19 February. His cellmates Steven Hilden, 28, and Terry Jocham, 28, were arrested on 18 March and later charged with murder.
- Lennox Nigel Alcendor, 42, was stabbed in the neck in Anson Road, Cricklewood, at around 6.45am on 21 February. He was pronounced dead at 7.30am. James Rochester, 42, and Christian Fearon, 20, were charged with murder.
- Li Qing Wang, 35, was found with stab wounds at a home in Magnolia Close, Leyton, at 11.52am on 25 February. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Yi Xing Song, 53, was charged with murder.
- Tyler Roye, 24, was stabbed to death in a suspected robbery in Croydon on 26 February. He was found injured in Stroud Green Way at around 12.15am and died at hospital of a stab wound to the chest at 2.46am. Samuel Odupitan, 23, was charged with murder and robbery.
- Asante Campbell, 24, was found stabbed in a silver VW Polo after it collided with another vehicle in Parson Street, Hendon, at around 9pm on 29 February. He died in hospital later that evening. Detectives believe he was attacked in a car park in Stratford Road, off Bell Lane, Hendon, a few minutes earlier. DCI Andy Partridge said: “The victim was arriving at the car park, in order to travel to work for a night shift. He had just left his girlfriend and newborn baby at home in Edgware 15 minutes earlier.” Hafid Abdi Mohammed Omar, 19, and Kofi Abusah, 19, were charged with murder.
- Shanur Ahmed, 16, was found with head injuries on scrubland at the rear of Galleons Reach DLR station in Beckton, Newham, at 8.38am on 3 March. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Shanur had been reported missing by his family in the early hours of that morning after he failed to return home. His death is believed to be linked to an incident in Prince Regent Lane, E13, at 4.55pm on 2 March, which resulted in a teenage boy being stabbed, and reports of a group of about 30 males were carrying baseball bats near Galleons Reach DLR station around three hours later. A 17-year-old boy was charged with murder on 7 March.
- A man was assaulted at the Riverside Centre in Hillingdon Hospital on Pield Heath Road on 1 March. He died of his injuries on 4 March. Suspect Ronnell Dennis, a 26-year-old fellow patient who absconded from the mental health facility at 5pm on 1 March, shortly after the alleged attack, was arrested on 2 March following a police appeal and charged with attempted murder. Prosecutors are to consider a murder charge.
- Archie Beston, 19, was stabbed during a night out with friends on 29 February. Police were called to the scene near the Viper Rooms nightclub and John Lewis stores in Wood Street, Kingston, at 3.40am. Archie was taken to hospital in a critical condition and died on 6 March. Tyron Bryan, 20, was charged with murder.
- Ricardo Fuller, 24, was stabbed at a nightclub in Ilford High Road at around 5am on 7 March. He died in hospital at 11.41am. Police said in a statement: “At this early stage it is believed Ricardo had attended the club where an event was taking place. Ricardo had gone outside when he was attacked and chased before he made his way back inside the venue.”
- Vanita Nowell, a 68-year-old woman with Alzheimer’s, was found unresponsive at a home in Blake’s Road, Camberwell, Southwark, at around 6.30am on 8 March. She was pronounced dead at the scene and five days later a postmortem revealed the cause was head injuries and respiratory failure. She had also suffered an injury to her back consistent with a stamp. Ms Nowell’s son Steffon Hewitt, 47, (also known as Andrew Shepherd) was charged with murder on 15 March.
- Damani Mauge, 17, was stabbed in the chest on a 130 bus in Whitehorse Lane, South Norwood, at around 8.30pm on 8 March. He was pronounced dead at the scene near Selhurst Park stadium at 9.07pm. A 16 year-old boy was charged with murder on 16 March.
- Cameron Murfitt, 18, was stabbed in the thigh in Academy Road in Woolwich near the junction with Shooters Hill at around 3.28pm on 15 March. He died at the scene. Police said the teenager was riding a motorbike when it was hit by a white car. The driver of the car then got out and stabbed the victim. Mario Gruda, 22, and a 17-year-old boy were charged with murder.
- Tracey Kidd, 57, was found dead at a flat in Charnwood Street, Clapton, Hackney, at 4.45pm on 17 March, after concerns were raised about the welfare of an occupant. Police believe she died between 15 and 16 of March. A postmortem revealed the cause was a head injury. Paul Vissers, 40, was charged with murder.
- Shadika Mohsin Patel, a 40-year-old mother-of-two, was found with multiple stab wounds in Altmore Avenue near the junction with Barking Road in East Ham, Newham, after police were called at around 12.44am on 19 March. She died in hospital later the same day. Police described it as an unprovoked random attack and issued CCTV footage of a suspect. Shadika’s mother said: “Shadika was very loved and she will be sorely missed by her family.” Adelani Bepo, 28, was charged with murder on 29 March.
- Abdullahi Mahmoud, 29, was shot in the head in Hertford Road, Enfield, at around 4.36pm on 19 March. He died in hospital a short time later. Detective Chief Inspector Pete Wallis said: “This was a violent attack in the middle of the street and my team are working hard to establish who is responsible. We are exploring the possibility there was more than one assailant and would specifically like to appeal to those who may have been shopping in area at this time to make contact with police. One line of enquiry is that that this is gang related, however enquiries are in the very early stages and we retain an open mind as we gather evidence and piece together the last moments of Abdullahi’s life.
- Stefan Melnyk, 54, died after being hit by a car in Salisbury Street, Acton, at around 12.50pm on Sunday 22 March. The driver also tried to stab a second man as she tried to flee the scene. Rhian Beresford, 28, was arrested at the scene and on 24 March was charged with murder and attempted murder.
- Kelly Stewart, 41, was found dead in the grounds of Memorial Community Church in Barking Road, Plaistow, at around 3.09pm on 26 March. She had suffered multiple injuries to the head. Police believe she was attacked between 12.45am and 1.45am that day. Detectives are appealing for information from anyone in contact with her in the weeks before her death. She was homeless at the time but was from the Newham area.
- Tomas Macionis, a 35 year-old Lithuanian living in London, was found stabbed in the chest in Alexandra Road, Walthamstow, at around 10.55pm on 31 March. He was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later. A man in his 20s was arrested on suspicion of murder.
- A 56-year-old woman was one of two people found with multiple stab wounds in a home in Dorset Road, Stockwell, at around 4pm on 1 April. Police had been called to the scene after concerns were raised about the welfare of a man at the property (see below).
- A 44-year-old man was found with multiple stab wounds at the same address. Six people have been arrested on suspicion of murder. Detective Chief Inspector Richard Leonard said: “I understand that this is an extremely shocking incident for the residents of this area and the wider community. The investigation is at a very early stage but my team and I are working hard to establish the full circumstances that led up to this tragic incident. If anybody has any information that could help our investigation please do get in contact.”
Please email us at email@example.com if we have missed anything, or to report any errors.
The following cases are not included:
A man in his 40s died at HMP Thameside after being found with a slash wound to his throat at around 2.37am on 12 January. A man in his 30s was arrested on suspicion of murder but the Metropolitan Police said officers were investigating whether the wound was self-inflicted or the result of an assault. They later confirmed they were treating the death as non-suspicious.
Unexplained death of 77 year-old man found with a broken arm and leg on Windmill Road, Croydon, at 7.30pm on 13 January. He died in hospital on 1 February. Detectives have not been able to establish how he suffered his injuries.
Unexplained death of a 33-year-old man who fell from a building in High Road, north Finchley, at 3.20pm on 12 February. Police initially said they were treating it as suspicious and arrested a woman on suspicion of murder. She was later released on bail and police said the death was being treated as unexplained.
A man was shot dead by armed police in Great Scotland Yard, Westminster, after being confronted by officers at around 11.25pm on 8 March. He had been seen acting suspiciously and pulled out two knifes when challenged. The Metropolitan Police said the incident was not being treated as terrorism.