Total: 47 (last updated 2 June 20)
Note: This is not an official list and may differ from those kept by police or government agencies. They include murders and manslaughters in the 33 London boroughs. Other possible cases (e.g. unexplained deaths) will be listed separately afterwards.
- Takieddine Boudhane, 30, was stabbed in Lennox Road, near Charteris Road, Finsbury Park, at around 6.50pm on 3 January. He was pronounced dead at the scene 7.42pm. Mr Boudhane was an Algerian national who had lived in the UK for three years and worked as a motorcycle delivery driver for Uber Eats and Deliveroo. He was with another rider when he was attacked by the driver of a VW van. Police said it appeared to be a spontaneous “traffic altercation”.
- The dismembered body of William Algar, a vulnerable 53-year-old musician, was found at an address in Nowell Road, Barnes, on 3 January after concerns were raised about the welfare of an occupant. The postmortem revealed he had died of a stab wound to the chest. Further remains were found during a search of Edgar Road, close to Hounslow Heath, on 11 January. A 17-year-old boy was charged with murder.
- Krasimir Kartikov, a 60-year-old Bulgarian, was found dead at his home in Whitehorse Road, Croydon, at around 8.50am on 13 January. A postmortem gave the cause of death as multiple injuries. Nikolay Zhivkov, 44, was charged with murder.
- Narinder Singh Lubhaya, 29, was one of three men found stabbed in Elmstead Road, Seven Kings, after police were called to a disturbance at 7.38pm on 19 January. All three were Indian nationals living in the Ilford area. They were pronounced dead at the scene. See below.
- Harinder Kumar, 30, was stabbed in the same incident. Detective Chief Superintendent Stephen Clayman, Commander of the Met’s East Area BCU, said: “We believe the parties involved were from the Sikh community and known to each other. A fight has taken place which has escalated, resulting in three people being fatally attacked.”
- Malkit Singh Dhillon, also known as Baljinder Singh, 37, was stabbed in the same incident. Police said they did not believe it to be gang related. Sandeep Singh, 29, was charged with conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm and causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
- Beverley Denahy, 61, was found suffering from head injuries after police were called to a disturbance at a flat in Waverley Avenue, Chingford, at 11.35pm on 22 January. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Her son Mitchell Denahy, 24, was charged with murder.
- A Polish man in his 60s was found stabbed to death after police were called to a disturbance at a residence in Mount Pleasant Lane, Clapton, at 11.29pm on 24 January. He was pronounced dead a short time later. Dawid Wycik, a 22-year-old Polish national, was charged with murder.
- Louis Johnson, 16, was stabbed inside East Croydon train station at around 4.45pm on 27 January. Police said he was on the overbridge when he met the suspect, “who immediately pulls out a knife and stabs him.” A 16-year-old boy was charged with murder.
- Marc Allen, 51, was found suffering from head injuries on Peareswood Road, Erith, at 3am on 29 December 2019. He remained in a coma until his death on 29 January 2020. Detectives believe Mr Allen came out of his home to confront a man trying to steal his car. The suspect then deliberately drove towards the victim, hitting him and forcing him over the top of the car, before driving off. The car, a grey Mercedes GLA, was recovered from the E14 area on 31 December 2019.
- Eraj Seifi, 46, was shot in the head in Bravington Road, Queens Park, on 29 January and died in hospital on 7 February. Errol James, 51, and Romello Briggs-Leon, 25, were charged with attempted murder before the victim’s death.
- James Dowdell, 54, was found dead at a home in St Mark’s Grove, Chelsea, at 6.50pm on 17 February. The cause of death was strangulation and blunt force trauma. Mohammed Assri, 46, was charged with murder.
- Sundeep Ghuman, 36, was found with head injuries at HMP Belmarsh in Thamesmead at 8pm on 18 February. He died in hospital on 19 February. His cellmates Steven Hilden, 28, and Terry Jocham, 28, were arrested on 18 March and later charged with murder.
- Lennox Nigel Alcendor, 42, was stabbed in the neck in Anson Road, Cricklewood, at around 6.45am on 21 February. He was pronounced dead at 7.30am. James Rochester, 42, and Christian Fearon, 20, were charged with murder.
- Li Qing Wang, 35, was found with stab wounds at a home in Magnolia Close, Leyton, at 11.52am on 25 February. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Yi Xing Song, 53, was charged with murder.
- Tyler Roye, 24, was stabbed to death in a suspected robbery near the Arena tram stop in Croydon on 26 February. He was found injured in Stroud Green Way at around 12.15am and died at hospital of a stab wound to the chest at 2.46am. Samuel Odupitan, 23, was charged with murder and robbery. Police are appealing for help tracing the victim’s stolen Gucci bag with a ‘Bengal tiger’ print
- Asante Campbell, 24, was found stabbed in a silver VW Polo after it collided with another vehicle in Parson Street, Hendon, at around 9pm on 29 February. He died in hospital later that evening. Detectives believe he was attacked in a car park in Stratford Road, off Bell Lane, Hendon, a few minutes earlier. DCI Andy Partridge said: “The victim was arriving at the car park, in order to travel to work for a night shift. He had just left his girlfriend and newborn baby at home in Edgware 15 minutes earlier.” Hafid Abdi Mohammed Omar, 19, and Kofi Abusah, 19, were charged with murder.
- Shanur Ahmed, 16, was found with head injuries on scrubland at the rear of Galleons Reach DLR station in Beckton, Newham, at 8.38am on 3 March. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Shanur had been reported missing by his family in the early hours of that morning after he failed to return home. His death is believed to be linked to an incident in Prince Regent Lane, E13, at 4.55pm on 2 March, which resulted in a teenage boy being stabbed, and reports of a group of about 30 males were carrying baseball bats near Galleons Reach DLR station around three hours later. A 17-year-old boy was charged with murder on 7 March.
- A man was assaulted at the Riverside Centre in Hillingdon Hospital on Pield Heath Road on 1 March. He died of his injuries on 4 March. Suspect Ronnell Dennis, a 26-year-old fellow patient who absconded from the mental health facility at 5pm on 1 March, shortly after the alleged attack, was arrested on 2 March following a police appeal and charged with attempted murder. Prosecutors are to consider a murder charge.
- Archie Beston, 19, was stabbed during a night out with friends on 29 February. Police were called to the scene near the Viper Rooms nightclub and John Lewis stores in Wood Street, Kingston, at 3.40am. Archie was taken to hospital in a critical condition and died on 6 March. Tyron Bryan, 20, was charged with murder.
- Ricardo Fuller, 24, was stabbed at a nightclub in Ilford High Road at around 5am on 7 March. He died in hospital at 11.41am. Police said in a statement: “At this early stage it is believed Ricardo had attended the club where an event was taking place. Ricardo had gone outside when he was attacked and chased before he made his way back inside the venue.”
- Vanita Nowell, a 68-year-old woman with Alzheimer’s, was found unresponsive at a home in Blake’s Road, Camberwell, Southwark, at around 6.30am on 8 March. She was pronounced dead at the scene and five days later a postmortem revealed the cause was head injuries and respiratory failure. She had also suffered an injury to her back consistent with a stamp. Ms Nowell’s son Steffon Hewitt, 47, (also known as Andrew Shepherd) was charged with murder on 15 March.
- Damani Mauge, 17, was stabbed in the chest on a 130 bus in Whitehorse Lane, South Norwood, at around 8.30pm on 8 March. He was pronounced dead at the scene near Selhurst Park stadium at 9.07pm. A 16 year-old boy was charged with murder on 16 March.
- Cameron Murfitt, 18, was stabbed in the thigh in Academy Road in Woolwich near the junction with Shooters Hill at around 3.28pm on 15 March. He died at the scene. Police said the teenager was riding a motorbike when it was hit by a white car. The driver of the car then got out and stabbed the victim. Mario Gruda, 22, and a 17-year-old boy were charged with murder.
- Tracey Kidd, 57, was found dead at a flat in Charnwood Street, Clapton, Hackney, at 4.45pm on 17 March, after concerns were raised about the welfare of an occupant. Police believe she died between 15 and 16 of March. A postmortem revealed the cause was a head injury. Paul Vissers, 40, was charged with murder.
- Shadika Mohsin Patel, a 40-year-old mother-of-two, was found with multiple stab wounds in Altmore Avenue near the junction with Barking Road in East Ham, Newham, after police were called at around 12.44am on 19 March. She died in hospital later the same day. Police described it as an unprovoked random attack and issued CCTV footage of a suspect. Shadika’s mother said: “Shadika was very loved and she will be sorely missed by her family.” Adelani Bepo, 28, was charged with murder on 29 March.
- Abdullahi Mahmoud, 29, was shot in the head in Hertford Road, Enfield, at around 4.36pm on 19 March. He died in hospital a short time later. Dorian Steele, 18, and Khalid Hogan, 19, were charged with murder.
- Stefan Melnyk, 54, died after being hit by a car in Salisbury Street, Acton, at around 12.50pm on Sunday 22 March. The driver also tried to stab a second man as she tried to flee the scene. Rhian Beresford, 28, was arrested at the scene and on 24 March was charged with murder and attempted murder.
- Kelly Stewart, 41, was found dead in the grounds of Memorial Community Church in Barking Road, Plaistow, at around 3.09pm on 26 March. She had suffered multiple injuries to the head. Police believe she was attacked between 12.45am and 1.45am that day. Detectives are appealing for information from anyone in contact with her in the weeks before her death. She was homeless at the time but was from the Newham area. Kieran Rifat, 21, was charged with murder.
- Tomas Macionis, a 35 year-old Lithuanian living in London, was found stabbed in the chest in Alexandra Road, Walthamstow, at around 10.55pm on 31 March. He was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later. Rizwan Abassi, 31, was charged with murder on 2 April.
- Sonia Calvi, 56, and her husband Edgar Daza (see below) were found with multiple stab wounds at their home in Dorset Road, Stockwell, at around 4pm on 1 April. Police had been called to the property after concerns were raised about their welfare. Both were pronounced dead at the scene. Six people were arrested.
- Edgar Daza, 59, was found with multiple stab wounds. On 2 April a man who lived at the same address, Daniel Briceno-Garcia, 44, was charged with two counts of murder.
- Maryan Ismail, 57, was found dead at a flat in Pennine House, Plevna Road, Edmonton, Enfield, at around 6.04pm on 6 April. She had suffered multiple injuries. Her husband Hussain Yusuf Egal, 65, was arrested nearby and was charged with murder on 8 April.
- Tahereh Pirali-Dashti, 40, died in hospital on 10 April after suffering serious injuries in a road traffic collsion. Police said she was hit by a car on the A406 North Circular in Finchley following an altercation between the occupants of two vehicles at Henlys Corner at around 11.50am on 20 January. Suspect Robert Barrow, 54, was arrested in Islington an hour later. On 18 April he was charged with murder.
- Denise Michelle Keane-Barnett-Simmons, 36, was found seriously injured after emergency services were called to a house fire in Alric Avenue, Stonebridge, Brent, at around 2.15am on 16 April. She was pronounced dead at hospital at 6.07am and a postmortem gave the cause of death as burns and inhalation of fumes. The Metropolitan Police confirmed there had been police contact with the victim a few hours before the incident. On 29 April Damion Simmons, 44, was charged with murder, arson with intent to endanger life, criminal damage endangering life, disclosing private and sexual photographs with intent to cause distress and voyeurism.
- Ralph Gibson, 42, died in hospital on 24 April, more than a week after he was found with stab injuries in Putney, southwest London. Police had been called to the scene in Huntingfield Road at around 5.35pm on 15 April. Three men were arrested on suspicion of GBH.
- Jay John, 27, was found injured after a suspected assault in Trinity Close, Dalston, Hackney, at around 12.25pm on 25 April. He died in hospital the next day. A postmortem gave the cause of death as head injuries. Romayne Husbands, 26, was charged with murder.
- Baljit Singh, 37, was found strangled in an alleyway off Station Road, Hayes, at 10.56pm on 25 April. He was pronounced dead at the scene and a postmortem gave cause of death as compression of the neck. Police said they believed he was assaulted following an argument with two men he was with earlier that night. On 7 May two men, Manpreet Singh, 20, and Jaspreet Singh, 24, were charged with murder.
- Pavinya Nithiyakumar, aged 19 months, was found stabbed at her home in Aldborough Road North, Ilford, east London, at 5.30am on 26 April. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Her brother was also stabbed (see below).
- Nigish Nithiyakumar, aged three, was found with knife injuries at the same address and died after being taken to hospital. On 8 May the children’s father Nadarajah Nithiyakumar, 40, was charged with murder after being treated for knife wounds in hospital.
- David Gomoh, 24, was stabbed in Freemasons Road in Canning Town, near the junction with Kerry Close, seconds after leaving his home, at around 10.25pm on 26 April. He collapsed in nearby Lambert Road and later died in hospital. A postmortem gave the cause of death as stab wounds to the chest and abdomen. David, a marketing graduate, worked for the NHS helping to keep staff supplied with essential equipment and his father had recently died unexpectedly from a Covid-19-related illness. Detectives said David was talking to a female friend on the phone when he was suddenly stabbed multiple times by a group of men wearing masks in what appears to be an unprovoked attack. The suspects fled the scene in a silver Dodge Caliber that was abandoned in Lincoln Road, Plaistow, a few minutes later. It had been stolen in Dagenham on 16 April and when found was on cloned plates and had a temporary wheel on the front passenger side. Vagnei Colubali, 22, Muhammad Jalloh, 18, David Ture, 18, and a 16-year-old boy were charged with murder. They were also charged with conspiracy to cause GBH against an unknown male in relation to a separate incident a short time before the murder.
- Anthony Rooks, 80, was found collapsed with a head injury at a home in Dalmeny Road, Holloway, at around 7.20pm on 4 May. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Sable Thomas, 42, was arrested at the scene and on 6 May was charged with murder.
- Yonas Haile, 32, was found with stab injuries at a flat in Fulham Palace Road, near the junction with The Square in Hammersmith at around 7.50pm on 5 May. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Tedros Haile, 30, of Fulham Palace Road, was arrested at the address and on 6 May was charged with murder.
- Mark Baker, 62, was found unconscious on Peacock Close, Chingford, at around 11.57pm on 19 April. He was taken to hospital with head injuries and remained in critical condition until his death on 5 May. Homicide detectives are investigating. Two men were arrested on suspicion of murder and released on bail.
- Francois Kablan, 19, was found stabbed in Great Dover Street, Borough, following reports of a fight involving a group of males at 5.28pm on 13 May. He was pronounced dead at the scene. A 17-year-old boy was charged with murder on 16 May.
- Jemal Ebrahim, 23, was found stabbed in Russell Road, Tottenham, at around 8.13pm on 13 May. He was taken to hospital but died of a stab wound to the leg. Detectives believe Jemal was chased by a group of at least three men armed with large knives before being attacked in an alleyway that runs between Braemer Road and Southey Road. The suspects left in a Silver Nissan Qashqai, heading toward Green Lanes. Police have appealed for information about the car, which is believed to be a stolen vehicle with cloned licence plates. Jemal’s younger sister Nema Ebrahim said in a statement: “Jay, my older brother, was one of a kind. A pure hearted spiritual soul, who was friendly to anyone he meets. Recently completed his first of his studies at the Zhengzhou University School of Business & completed a one year course learning Chinese before enrolling. Not a lot knew that he could fluently speak the language but as a family we did and he would always make us laugh when doing so. Jay had big dreams and ambitions to build a whole life outside the city and was not involved in any drama, he just wanted a peaceful loving life. He was an innocent soul forever laughing and making sure that the ones around him were doing well. We’re heartbroken as a family and we will have closure once justice is served.”
- Chad Gordon, 27, was shot in the head when he answered a knock at the front door of his home in Wiltshire Gardens, Finsbury Park, at around 8.20pm on 18 May. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Detectives said they believe he was not the intended target of the attack and appealed for information about two suspects dressed in dark clothing and motorcycle helmets. The killers left the scene on a grey Yamaha moped and headed towards Finsbury Park Avenue. The moped was dumped in Tottenham Marshes and set on fire shortly before 9pm. Chad’s mother, Anne Marie Wilson said: “We are devastated by what has happened, Chad wouldn’t hurt a fly, he was so gentle and caring. If anyone knows anything, then I urge them to contact the police.” Clive Spencer, 23, and Talye Olabisi, 23, were charged with murder.
Please email us at email@example.com if we have missed anything, or to report any errors.
The following cases are not included:
A man in his 40s died at HMP Thameside after being found with a slash wound to his throat at around 2.37am on 12 January. A man in his 30s was arrested on suspicion of murder but the Metropolitan Police said officers were investigating whether the wound was self-inflicted or the result of an assault. They later confirmed they were treating the death as non-suspicious.
Unexplained death of John Kercher, 77, who was found with a broken arm and leg on Windmill Road, Croydon, at 7.30pm on 13 January. He died in hospital on 1 February. Detectives said he may have been hit by a car.
Unexplained death of a 33-year-old man who fell from a building in High Road, north Finchley, at 3.20pm on 12 February. Police initially said they were treating it as suspicious and arrested a woman on suspicion of murder. She was later released on bail and police said the death was being treated as unexplained.
A man was shot dead by armed police in Great Scotland Yard, Westminster, after being confronted by officers at around 11.25pm on 8 March. He had been seen acting suspiciously and pulled out two knifes when challenged. The Metropolitan Police said the incident was not being treated as terrorism.
A woman was found dead in a car park off Radbourne Close on the Nye Bevan Estate in Lower Clapton, Hackney, at 12.10pm on 28 April. Two men were arrested on suspicion of murder.