Total: 14 (last updated 22/2/20)
Note: This is not an official list and may differ from those kept by police or government agencies. They include murders and manslaughters in the 33 London boroughs. Other possible cases (e.g. unexplained deaths) will be listed separately afterwards.
- Takieddine Boudhane, 30, was stabbed in Lennox Road, near Charteris Road, Finsbury Park, at around 6.50pm on 3 January. He was pronounced dead at the scene 7.42pm. Mr Boudhane was an Algerian national who had lived in the UK for three years and worked as a motorcycle delivery driver for Uber Eats and Deliveroo. He was with another rider when he was attacked by the driver of a VW van. Police said it appeared to be a spontaneous “traffic altercation”.
- The dismembered body of William Algar, a vulnerable 53-year-old musician, was found at an address in Nowell Road, Barnes, on 3 January after concerns were raised about the welfare of an occupant. The postmortem revealed he had died of a stab wound to the chest. Further remains were found during a search of Edgar Road, close to Hounslow Heath, on 11 January. A 17-year-old boy was charged with murder.
- Krasimir Kartikov, a 60-year-old Bulgarian, was found dead at his home in Whitehorse Road, Croydon, at around 8.50am on 13 January. A postmortem gave the cause of death as multiple injuries. Nikolay Zhivkov, 44, was charged with murder.
- Narinder Singh Lubhaya, 29, was one of three men found stabbed in Elmstead Road, Seven Kings, after police were called to a disturbance at 7.38pm on 19 January. All three were Indian nationals living in the Ilford area. They were pronounced dead at the scene. See below.
- Harinder Kumar, 30, was stabbed in the same incident. Detective Chief Superintendent Stephen Clayman, Commander of the Met’s East Area BCU, said: “We believe the parties involved were from the Sikh community and known to each other. A fight has taken place which has escalated, resulting in three people being fatally attacked.”
- Malkit Singh Dhillon, also known as Baljinder Singh, 37, was stabbed in the same incident. Police said they did not believe it to be gang related. Sandeep Singh, 29, was charged with conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm and causing grievous bodily harm with intent.
- Beverley Denahy, 61, was found suffering from head injuries after police were called to a disturbance at a flat in Waverley Avenue, Chingford, at 11.35pm on 22 January. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Her son Mitchell Denahy, 24, was charged with murder.
- A Polish man in his 60s was found stabbed to death after police were called to a disturbance at a residence in Mount Pleasant Lane, Clapton, at 11.29pm on 24 January. He was pronounced dead a short time later. Dawid Wycik, a 22-year-old Polish national, was charged with murder.
- Louis Johnson, 16, was stabbed inside East Croydon train station at around 4.45pm on 27 January. Police said he was on the overbridge when he met the suspect, “who immediately pulls out a knife and stabs him.” A 16-year-old boy was charged with murder.
- Marc Allen, 51, was found suffering from head injuries on Peareswood Road, Erith, at 3am on 29 December 2019. He remained in a coma until his death on 29 January 2020. Detectives believe Mr Allen came out of his home to confront a man trying to steal his car. The suspect then deliberately drove towards the victim, hitting him and forcing him over the top of the car, before driving off. The car, a grey Mercedes GLA, was recovered from the E14 area on 31 December 2019.
- Eraj Seifi, 46, was shot in the head in Bravington Road, Queens Park, on 29 January and died in hospital on 7 February. Errol James, 51, and Romello Briggs-Leon, 25, were charged with attempted murder before the victim’s death.
- James Dowdell, 54, was found dead at a home in St Mark’s Grove, Chelsea, at 6.50pm on 17 February. The cause of death was strangulation and blunt force trauma. Mohammed Assri, 46, was charged with murder.
- A 36-year-old prisoner was found with head injuries at HMP Belmarsh in Thamesmead at 8pm on 18 February. He died in hospital on 19 February.
- Lennox Nigel Alecendor, 42, was stabbed in the neck in Anson Road, Cricklewood, at around 6.45am on 21 February. He was pronounced dead at 7.30am.
The following cases are not included:
A man in his 40s died at HMP Thameside after being found with a slash wound to his throat at around 2.37am on 12 January. A man in his 30s was arrested on suspicion of murder but the Metropolitan Police said officers were investigating whether the wound was self-inflicted or the result of an assault. They later confirmed they were treating the death as non-suspicious.
Unexplained death of 77 year-old man found with a broken arm and leg on Windmill Road, Croydon, at 7.30pm on 13 January. He died in hospital on 1 February. Detectives have not been able to establish how he suffered his injuries.
Unexplained death of a 33-year-old man who fell from a building in High Road, north Finchley, at 3.20pm on 12 February. Police initially said they were treating it as suspicious and arrested a woman on suspicion of murder. She was later released on bail and police said the death was being treated as unexplained.