Total: 17 (last updated 24/2/21)
Note: This is not an official record and may differ from any lists compiled by police etc. It includes murder and manslaughter cases. Other deaths (e.g. unexplained) are listed separately afterwards.
- Eileen Dean, 93, was beaten to death with a walking stick at a care home in Canadian Avenue, Catford. Police and paramedics were called at around 12.30am on 4 January and she was taken to hospital where she died the same day. A fellow resident, Alexander Rawson, 62 (16.09.58), of Canadian Avenue, Catford, was charged with murder on 5 January.
- Jonas Semenas, a 45 year-old Lithuanian, was found with stab wounds at a house in Tavistock Gardens, Ilford, after police were called at 4.24am on 10 January. He and a second man (see below) were pronounced dead at the scene.
- Dainius Kulboka, a 44 year-old Lithuanian, was found with stab injuries at the same address (see above). Vytautas Garmus, 51 (04.07.69), a Georgian national of Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow, was charged with both murders.
- Leon Street, 48, was found stabbed in Neasden Lane North, near the junction with Hazelwood Court, Neasden, Brent, after police were called at around 9.30pm on 11 January. He died at the scene an a postmortem gave the cause of death as stab injuries to the chest. Mr Street, a father and step-grandfather, lived nearby with his fiancee and worked as a delivery driver. Detectives are linking the attack to two others stabbings by a lone suspect. The first took place ten minutes before the murder, on Neasden Lane near the junction with Press Road. A 47-year-old man was treated at hospital and discharged. The second stabbing took place Neasden Lane North near the bus stop at the junction with Press Road at around 9.50am on 17 January. A 32-year-old man was taken to hospital but his injuries were not life threatening. On 21 January, Amine Laouar 20 (15.09.00), of Oxford Place, Harlesden, was charged with murder.
- Paul Dalton, 41, was stabbed at a home on The Broadway, Wimbledon, Merton, at around 12.55am on 13 January. He was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later. Mongo Bolili, 33 (12.09.87), was charged with murder.
- David Oliver, 74, was found stabbed at a home in West Park, Greenwich, at 11.52am on 19 January. He was pronounced dead at 12.25pm. Ben Oliver, 23 (26.02.97) of Lion Road, Bexleyheath, was charged with murder.
- Anas Mezenner, a 17-year-old college student, was stabbed in West Green Road near the junction with Willow Walk, Ducketts Green, Haringey, at around 9.10pm on 19 January. He died in hospital at 4.25am on 20 January. A 17-year-old boy, three 16-year-old boys and a 14-year-old boy were charged with murder. Anas’ brother said: “Anas was never, never about this knife crime stupidity, he always kept himself humble, he was always kind and always put others first.”
- Tiparat Argatu, a 43-year-old Thai national, was found with head and neck injuries, including stab wounds, at a home in Hadfield House, Ellen Street, Whitechapel, at around 8.17pm on 24 January. She was pronounced dead at the scene. David Cheres, 19 (22.06.01), of Ellen Street, Whitechapel, was charged with murder. Police are appealing for any witnesses who saw a man walking naked in the Whitechapel area between 4am and 9am or found clothing discarded near the scene.
- Romario Opia, 15, was stabbed in Holland Walk, Archway, Islington, at around 5.30pm on 25 January. He was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later. A 17-year-old boy was charged with murder.
- Lavaun Witter, 22, was stabbed at a home in Wisbeach Road, Croydon, at around 8.10pm on 5 February. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 9.09pm. Another man was injured during the same incident. Detective Chief Inspector Martin Thorpe said: “We know that a group of males attended the address and an altercation occurred which resulted in the victim receiving a fatal stab injury. Someone knows who did this and I would urge anyone who saw or heard anything shortly after 8pm on Friday evening to come forward; no matter how insignificant you think your information might be, it could help us piece together what happened.” Lavaun’s family said in a statement: “The family is absolutely devastated and the impact this incident has had is enormous and his local community is distraught. No one could have seen this coming. Lavaun was destined for greatness and he wanted to fly high. He just wanted to have a good life and to take care of his family. Everyone who knows him will remember him as a legend. We are all absolutely traumatised. We don’t know how we are going to go on. It is just too painful. Long Live Lavz.” Tyreece Riggon, 20 (29/09/2000), of Armistice Gardens, SE25, and Julian Russell, 22 (18/09/1998), of Sanfield Road, CR7, were charged with murder.
- Sven Badzak, 22, was chased and stabbed in Willesden Lane, Kilburn, at around 5.40pm on 6 February. He was pronounced dead after being taken to hospital. A 16-year-old boy was taken to hospital in with stab injuries. DCI Darren Jones said: “After reviewing CCTV from the area, we are confident that Sven and his friend were the victims of an unprovoked assault by a group of males. As this group chased the pair, Sven and his friend became separated. Sven fell to the ground and was attacked by a number of the group. His friend was also attacked but managed to seek sanctuary in a shop – however, he remains in hospital.” Four men have been arrested.
- Hani Solomon, 18, was stabbed in the chest during a fight in Ackmar Road, Parsons Green, at around 6.42pm on 11 February. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 7.28pm. A second man was taken to hospital with a stab injury and later discharged. A 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder after attending hospital with injuries before being released on bail. Ahmed Fatah, 18 (14.10.02) of Fulham Road, SW6 and two 17-year-old boys were charged with murder.
- Jack Ampadu, 37, was found stabbed on a balcony at Denyer House off Highgate Road, Kentish Town, at around 7.40pm on 15 February. He died at the scene. Dwayne Stewart-Akers, 37 (16.05.83), of Highgate Road, was charged with murder.
- Gabriel Bringye, a 37-year-old taxi driver, was found stabbed inside his car in Jarrow Road, Tottenham Hale, at around 7.21pm on 17 February. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 8pm. Detective Chief Inspector Neil John said: “Gabriel, who worked as a private hire driver, was found fatally injured inside his car. We need to know why he was there, and who else was present. Were you in the vicinity of Jarrow Road from 6.30pm that evening? Did you see anyone acting suspiciously? If you were driving in the local area and have dash cam footage, please check it to see if you captured something that might help our investigation.” Three boys aged 15, 15 and 17 were charged with murder.
- Drekwon Patterson, 16, was found stabbed in Preston Road near the station at around 11.30pm on 18 February. He died in hospital at 9am the next morning. Police are appealing for information about a black Ford Mondeo reg YR54 NHN which was seen on CCTV driving away from the scene and found burnt out in Silver Jubilee Park in Kingsbury on 19 February. DCI Richard Leonard said “I believe this car was used in an initial attempt to injure Drekwon in a collision on Preston Road. After the Mondeo had been driven at him, Drekwon ran away and was chased by four suspects who had got out of the car, before being caught and fatally stabbed. We have to yet to establish who was using this Mondeo in the days leading up to the murder, and I am appealing for anyone who may have seen it to get in touch.”
- Tyreke Watson, 21, was stabbed in West Green Road, Tottenham, at around 2pm on 22 February. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Anna Ovsyannikova, 48, was found dead at a flat in Castlebar Road, Ealing, at around 3.45pm on 22 February. Curtis Brown, 48 (19.09.72), of Castlebar Road, was charged with murder.
The following cases have not been included in the list, as further details are awaited:
Unexplained death of Amani Iqbal, 28, who was found unresponsive at a residential address on Thornbury Way, Walthamstow, at 8am on 3 January. She was pronounced dead a short time later. A post mortem was inconclusive and police are appealing for information from anyone who may have seen or spoken with Amani in the days before her death.
Death of a man in his 40s following a fight near Eastcote tube station on Field End Road, Pinner, at around 10.15pm on 10 January. Detective Chief Inspector Vicky Tunstall, of the Met’s Specialist Crime Command, said: “It would appear that an altercation occurred between two males just along from the tube station. During that altercation, one of the males was punched and, sadly, died at the scene. Although the area was not believed to be busy at the time due to COVID restrictions, I am appealing to those who own commercial or residential premises near to 243 Field End Road to make contact with us if you have CCTV cameras in your premises. Additionally, were you driving along this road at that time either in your own vehicle, a commercial vehicle or via public transport? We are particularly interested in tracing a small, red car which is believed to have passed the incident at the relevant time.”
Unexplained death of a man who collapsed on Penton Street in Islington at 2.44pm on 15 January. He was pronounced dead at 4.03pm.
Suspicious death of 60-year-old man at a residential address on Collingwood Road in Uxbridge after emergency services were called at 5.35pm on 31 January. Further tests are being carried out to determine a cause of death. Frank Sonny Redman, 34, (19/8/86) of Uxbridge, was arrested on suspicion of assisting a suicide.