Total: 6 (last updated 19/1/21)
Note: This is not an official record and may differ from any lists compiled by police etc. It includes murder and manslaughter cases. Other deaths (e.g. unexplained) are listed separately afterwards.
- Eileen Dean, 93, was beaten to death with a walking stick at a care home in Canadian Avenue, Catford. Police and paramedics were called at around 12.30am on 4 January and she was taken to hospital where she died the same day. A fellow resident, Alexander Rawson, 62 (16.09.58), of Canadian Avenue, Catford, was charged with murder on 5 January.
- Jonas Semenas, a 45 year-old Lithuanian, was found with stab wounds at a house in Tavistock Gardens, Ilford, after police were called at 4.24am on 10 January. He and a second man (see below) were pronounced dead at the scene.
- Dainius Kulboka, a 44 year-old Lithuanian, was found with stab injuries at the same address (see above). Vytautas Garmus, 51 (04.07.69), a Georgian national of Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow, was charged with both murders.
- Leon Street, 48, was found stabbed in Neasden Lane North, near the junction with Hazelwood Court, Neasden, Brent, after police were called at around 9.30pm on 11 January. He died at the scene an a postmortem gave the cause of death as stab injuries to the chest. Mr Street, a father and step-grandfather, lived nearby with his fiancee and worked as a delivery driver. Detectives are linking the attack to two others stabbings by a lone suspect. The first took place ten minutes before the murder, on Neasden Lane near the junction with Press Road. The victim, aged in his 40s, was treated at hospital and discharged. The second stabbing took place Neasden Lane North near the bus stop at the junction with Press Road at around 9.50am on 17 January. The victim, aged in his 30s, was taken to hospital but his injuries are not life threatening. Police said the suspect was described as a white man, aged around 30, and wearing a dark coloured jacket. DCI Tom Williams said: “I want to hear from anyone who saw a man running in the Neasden Lane North area between 9pm and 10pm, and indeed from anyone who has seen a man hanging around the area in recent weeks. It is my belief that the suspect lives locally, and I am asking local people to get in touch if they know anyone who was acting suspiciously on Monday and in the subsequent days – for instance do you know anyone who has been disposing of clothes or simply seeming agitated for no apparent reason?”
- Paul Dalton, 41, was stabbed at a home on The Broadway, Wimbledon, Merton, at around 12.55am on 13 January. He was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later. Mongo Bolili, 33 (12.09.87), was charged with murder.
- A 74-year-old man was found stabbed at a home in West Park, Greenwich, at 11.52am on 19 January. He was pronounced dead at 12.25pm. A man known to the victim was arrested on suspicion of murder. DI Kate Kieran said: “At this very early stage we retain an open mind as to the circumstance surrounding this death, but, I can confirm that we are not seeking any other persons in connection with the incident.”
The following cases have not been included in the list, as further details are awaited.
Death of a man in his 40s following a fight near Eastcote tube station on Field End Road, Pinner, at around 10.15pm on 10 January. Detective Chief Inspector Vicky Tunstall, of the Met’s Specialist Crime Command, said: “It would appear that an altercation occurred between two males just along from the tube station. During that altercation, one of the males was punched and, sadly, died at the scene. Although the area was not believed to be busy at the time due to COVID restrictions, I am appealing to those who own commercial or residential premises near to 243 Field End Road to make contact with us if you have CCTV cameras in your premises. Additionally, were you driving along this road at that time either in your own vehicle, a commercial vehicle or via public transport? We are particularly interested in tracing a small, red car which is believed to have passed the incident at the relevant time.”
Unexplained death of a man who collapsed on Penton Street in Islington at 2.44pm on 15 January. He was pronounced dead at 4.03pm.