Total: 40 (last updated 17/05/21)
See also: Map of homicides in London in 2021
Note: This is not an official record and may differ from any lists compiled by police etc. It includes murder and manslaughter cases. Other deaths (e.g. unexplained) are listed separately afterwards.
- Eileen Dean, 93, was beaten to death with a walking stick at a care home in Canadian Avenue, Catford. Police and paramedics were called at around 12.30am on 4 January and she was taken to hospital where she died the same day. A fellow resident, Alexander Rawson, 62 (16.09.58), of Canadian Avenue, Catford, was charged with murder on 5 January.
- Jonas Semenas, a 45 year-old Lithuanian, was found with stab wounds at a house in Tavistock Gardens, Ilford, after police were called at 4.24am on 10 January. He and a second man (see below) were pronounced dead at the scene.
- Dainius Kulboka, a 44 year-old Lithuanian, was found with stab injuries at the same address (see above). Vytautas Garmus, 51 (04.07.69), a Georgian national of Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow, was charged with both murders.
- A man in his 40s died following a fight near Eastcote tube station on Field End Road, Pinner, at around 10.15pm on 10 January. A postmortem was unable to determine a cause of death and the Metropolitan Police are treating the case as unexplained while further investigation is carried out. Detective Chief Inspector Vicky Tunstall, of the Met’s Specialist Crime Command, said: “It would appear that an altercation occurred between two males just along from the tube station. During that altercation, one of the males was punched and, sadly, died at the scene. I am appealing to those who own commercial or residential premises near to 243 Field End Road to make contact with us if you have CCTV cameras in your premises. Additionally, were you driving along this road at that time either in your own vehicle, a commercial vehicle or via public transport? We are particularly interested in tracing a small, red car which is believed to have passed the incident at the relevant time.”
- Leon Street, 48, was found stabbed in Neasden Lane North, near the junction with Hazelwood Court, Neasden, Brent, after police were called at around 9.30pm on 11 January. He died at the scene an a postmortem gave the cause of death as stab injuries to the chest. Mr Street, a father and step-grandfather, lived nearby with his fiancee and worked as a delivery driver. Detectives are linking the attack to two others stabbings by a lone suspect. The first took place ten minutes before the murder, on Neasden Lane near the junction with Press Road. A 47-year-old man was treated at hospital and discharged. The second stabbing took place Neasden Lane North near the bus stop at the junction with Press Road at around 9.50am on 17 January. A 32-year-old man was taken to hospital but his injuries were not life threatening. On 21 January, Amine Laouar 20 (15.09.00), of Oxford Place, Harlesden, was charged with murder.
- Paul Dalton, 41, was stabbed at a home on The Broadway, Wimbledon, Merton, at around 12.55am on 13 January. He was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later. Mongo Bolili, 33 (12.09.87), was charged with murder.
- David Oliver, 74, was found stabbed at a home in West Park, Greenwich, at 11.52am on 19 January. He was pronounced dead at 12.25pm. Ben Oliver, 23 (26.02.97) of Lion Road, Bexleyheath, was charged with murder.
- Anas Mezenner, a 17-year-old college student, was stabbed in West Green Road near the junction with Willow Walk, Ducketts Green, Haringey, at around 9.10pm on 19 January. He died in hospital at 4.25am on 20 January. A 17-year-old boy, three 16-year-old boys and a 14-year-old boy were charged with murder. Anas’ brother said: “Anas was never, never about this knife crime stupidity, he always kept himself humble, he was always kind and always put others first.”
- Tiparat Argatu, a 43-year-old Thai national, was found with head and neck injuries, including stab wounds, at a home in Hadfield House, Ellen Street, Whitechapel, at around 8.17pm on 24 January. She was pronounced dead at the scene. David Cheres, 19 (22.06.01), of Ellen Street, Whitechapel, was charged with murder. Police are appealing for any witnesses who saw a man walking naked in the Whitechapel area between 4am and 9am or found clothing discarded near the scene.
- Romario Opia, 15, was stabbed in Holland Walk, Archway, Islington, at around 5.30pm on 25 January. He was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later. A 17-year-old boy was charged with murder.
- Lavaun Witter, 22, was stabbed at a home in Wisbeach Road, Croydon, at around 8.10pm on 5 February. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 9.09pm. Another man was injured during the same incident. Lavaun’s family said in a statement: “No one could have seen this coming. Lavaun was destined for greatness and he wanted to fly high. He just wanted to have a good life and to take care of his family. Everyone who knows him will remember him as a legend. We are all absolutely traumatised. We don’t know how we are going to go on. It is just too painful. Long Live Lavz.” Tyreece Riggon, 20 (29/09/2000), of Armistice Gardens, SE25, Julian Russell, 22 (18/09/1998), of Sanfield Road, CR7, Tyreece Wolfries-Parkin, 18 (06.10.2002) of Rothesay Road, SE25, and Alex Pasley, 25 (01.10.1995) of Paxton Grove, Coulsdon, were charged with murder.
- Sven Badzak, 22, was chased and stabbed in Willesden Lane, Kilburn, at around 5.40pm on 6 February. He was pronounced dead after being taken to hospital. A 16-year-old boy was also injured. Police said that Sven and his friend were “the victims of an unprovoked assault by a group of males.” Sven was stabbed after falling to the ground while his friend managed to seek sanctuary in a shop. Rashid Gedel, 20 [29.09.00], of Fenman Gardens, Ilford, and Shiroh Ambersley, 20 (18.06.00) of Matthews Close, Wembley, were charged with murder.
- Hani Solomon, 18, was stabbed in the chest during a fight in Ackmar Road, Parsons Green, at around 6.42pm on 11 February. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 7.28pm. A second man was taken to hospital with a stab injury and later discharged. A 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder after attending hospital with injuries before being released on bail. Ahmed Fatah, 18 (14.10.02) of Fulham Road, SW6 and two 17-year-old boys were charged with murder.
- Jack Ampadu, 37, was found stabbed on a balcony at Denyer House off Highgate Road, Kentish Town, at around 7.40pm on 15 February. He died at the scene. Dwayne Stewart-Akers, 37 (16.05.83), of Highgate Road, was charged with murder.
- Gabriel Bringye, a 37-year-old taxi driver, was found stabbed inside his car in Jarrow Road, Tottenham Hale, at around 7.21pm on 17 February. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 8pm. Detective Chief Inspector Neil John said: “Gabriel, who worked as a private hire driver, was found fatally injured inside his car. We need to know why he was there, and who else was present. Were you in the vicinity of Jarrow Road from 6.30pm that evening? Did you see anyone acting suspiciously? If you were driving in the local area and have dash cam footage, please check it to see if you captured something that might help our investigation.” David Adeyanju, 18 (04.03.03), of Golders Green, and five boys aged 15, 15, 15, 16 and 17 were charged with murder.
- Drekwon Patterson, 16, was found stabbed in Preston Road near the station at around 11.30pm on 18 February. He died in hospital at 9am the next morning. Police are appealing for information about a black Ford Mondeo reg YR54 NHN which was seen on CCTV driving away from the scene and found burnt out in Silver Jubilee Park in Kingsbury on 19 February. DCI Richard Leonard said “I believe this car was used in an initial attempt to injure Drekwon in a collision on Preston Road. After the Mondeo had been driven at him, Drekwon ran away and was chased by four suspects who had got out of the car, before being caught and fatally stabbed. We have to yet to establish who was using this Mondeo in the days leading up to the murder, and I am appealing for anyone who may have seen it to get in touch.”
- Tyreke Watson, 21, was stabbed in West Green Road, Tottenham, at around 2pm on 22 February. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Momodu Samura, 21, (20/03/99) of Stanley Road, Tottenham, was charged with murder.
- Anna Ovsyannikova, 48, was found dead at a flat in Castlebar Road, Ealing, at around 3.45pm on 22 February. Curtis Brown, 48 (19.09.72), of Castlebar Road, was charged with murder.
- Ahmed Beker, 19, was stabbed in Paddington Green, Paddington, at around 9.13pm on 26 February. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 10pm. Ahmed’s cousin Josiph Beker was stabbed to death in Edgware in 2019. Police appealed for information about two mopeds which were seen driving erratically against the traffic towards Harrow Road from Paddington Green at around the time of the incident. One of the mopeds drove on the pavement. On 1 March officers recovered a moped from the Grand Union Canal near to Great Western Studios, Alfred Road. Jaden Forde, 18 (06.12.02), of Williams Way, Wembley, was charged with murder.
- Tai Jordan O’Donnell, 19, was found with stab injuries in Alpha Road, Croydon, at around 12.12pm on 3 March. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 12.17pm. Kamila Ahmad, 22 (10.08.98), of Robinhood Lane, Mitcham, was charged with murder.
- Sarah Everard, 33, disappeared while walking home between Clapham and Brixton at around 9.30pm on 3 March. The last sighting of her on CCTV was in Poynders Road. On 9 March Wayne Couzens, 48 (20.12.72), a serving Metropolitan Police officer in the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command was arrested on suspicion of kidnap. The following day he was arrested on suspicion of murder and a separate allegation of indecent exposure. Sarah’s body was discovered in an area of woodland in Ashford, Kent on the evening of 10 March. Couzens was charged with murder and kidnap on 12 March. Sarah’s family said in a statement: “Sarah was bright and beautiful – a wonderful daughter and sister. She was kind and thoughtful, caring and dependable. She always put others first and had the most amazing sense of humour. She was strong and principled and a shining example to us all. We are very proud of her and she brought so much joy to our lives. Please come forward and speak to the police if you have any information. No piece of information is too insignificant. Thank you.”
- Mazaza Owusu-Mensah, 18, was stabbed in the chest during a fight in Edington Road, Abbey Wood, at around 5.34pm on 6 March. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Mohammed Al-Shihabi, 25 (10.01.1996), of Greenwich, was charged with murder on 15 March.
- Nikolay Vandev, 19, was stabbed in Penshurst Road, Tottenham, at around 1.54pm on 8 March. He was pronounced dead at the scene. An 18-year-old man was taken to hospital with stab wounds and another 18 year-old man was treated for minor injuries. Police have charged two boys aged 15 and 17 with murder.
- Hussain Chaudhry, 18, was found stabbed in Lea Bridge Road near the junction with Grove Road at around 5.20pm on 17 March. He was pronounced dead at the scene and a postmortem gave the cause of death a stab wound to the neck. Two other people related to the victim suffered slash injuries to their hands. Marvin Ward, 18 (21.12.02) of Westwood Road, Ilford, and Alexis Morris, 18 (22.02.03,) of South Park Drive, Ilford, were charged with murder.
- Renato Geci, 25, was found stabbed after police were called to a disturbance at a property in Granville Avenue, Hounslow, at around 3.20am on 22 March. He was pronounced dead at 4.23am. A second man also suffered stab injuries but was discharged from hospital after treatment. Shaddai Smith, 31 (07/03/1990) of Romford, and Jason Sebran, 37 (06.10.83), of Stanford-Le-Hope, Essex, were charged with murder and burglary.
- Phyllis Nelson, 76, was found dead at a flat in Kent Street, Plaistow, at around 10.18pm on 25 March. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Her grandson Donovan Miller, 30 (07.11.1990) of Kent Street, was charged with murder.
- Reece Young, 23, was stabbed in the chest during a fight in Alpha Road, Croydon, at around 9.10pm on 30 March. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Police said the fight started while a vigil was taking place in memory of Tai O’Donnell (see above). Two men who were injured in the same incident left the scene before police arrived and later attended hospital. Both were arrested on suspicion of murder. One of them, aged in his 30s, assaulted police and NHS staff before forcing his way out of hospital but was arrested the following day following a search. Detective Chief Inspector Richard Vandenbergh, who is leading the investigation, said: “We believe this incident was witnessed by a number of people. They had gathered for a small vigil in remembrance of another recent fatal stabbing victim when an altercation began. Some of those people have already spoken to police, but I believe there are others who captured images and video of what happened. I need those people to contact us immediately. The information they have could prove vital in establishing the chain of events that has led to a young man losing his life.”
- Constanta Bunea, 50, was found stabbed in the back with a pair of scissors inside a block of flats in Ravine Grove, Plumstead, after police were called at 2.18am on 4 April. She died around an hour later. A postmortem confirmed the cause of death was a stab wound. Her partner Vasile Bratu, 39 (14.08.81), of no fixed address, was arrested at the scene and charged with murder.
- Loretta Herman, 85, was found unconscious in a bath in Rushden Gardens, Ilford, after police were called at 10.51am on 9 April. She was pronounced dead at 11.48pm and a postmortem examination concluded the cause of death was compression of the neck. Her son Mark Herman, 54 (05.08.66), of Rushden Gardens, Ilford, was arrested at the scene and charged with murder on 10 April.
- Levi Ernest-Morrison, 17, was found stabbed in Hazel Grove at the junction with Sydenham Road, Sydenham, at around 7.19pm on 10 April. He was pronounced dead shortly after 8pm. Nichola Leighton, 36 (05.01.85), of Lockwood Close, Sydenham, and three boys aged 14, 15, and 17 were charged with murder.
- Fares Maatou, 14, was stabbed in Barking Road, Canning Town, at around 3.56pm on 23 April. He was pronounced dead shortly after 4.30pm. Police believe he had an e-scooter at the time he was attacked. Two boys aged 14 and 15 have been charged with murder. Several others were charged with being concerned in the supply of crack cocaine and heroin.
- Abubakar Jah, 18, was shot and stabbed in Coolfin Road, Canning Town, at around 2.45pm on 26 April. He was pronounced dead at the scene and a postmortem gave the cause of death as knife and gunshots wounds. Abubakar, also known as Junior, was the brother of Ahmed Jah, who was stabbed to death at the age of 21 in nearby Freemasons Road in April 2017. DCI Mark Wrigley said: “We believe that the victim was approached by a man in a car and was shot and stabbed by that same man. Were you in the area around the time of the murder? Do you have dashcam footage from Coolfin Road from that time? Do you know who committed the offence and why? My team is ready to hear from anyone who has something to tell us, no matter how small – the information you hold could prove to be vital in helping progress this investigation.”
- Michael Fadayomi, 40, was stabbed in High Road, Willesden, at around 5.11pm on 29 April. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Police said the incident started on a Route 260 bus and continued out onto the High Road and into a fast food shop. Marcus Griffiths, 42 (02.04.79), of Hoveden Road, NW2, was charged with murder.
- Gedeon Ngwendema, 21, was stabbed during a fight at Brent Cross Shopping Centre at around 6.45pm on 4 May. He died at the scene. Bhoniefas Rexson, 18 (06.12.02), of Buck Lane, NW9, was charged with murder.
- Maria Jane Rawlings, 45, was found dead in shrubbery in Little Heath, Romford, at around 2pm on 4 May. A postmortem determined the cause of death as neck compression and possible blunt force head trauma. Maria, a mother of two daughters, lived in the Chelmsford area and attended Kings Georges Hospital in Goodmayes, Ilford on the evening of 3 May. She then left the hospital and made her way on foot to Barley Lane in the direction of the A12. Police appealed for help tracing a man seen travelling on a 364 bus towards Dagenham at approximately 12.16am on 4 May. Valentin Lazar, 20 (11.01.01) from Barking, was charged with murder on 10 May.
- Abdirizak Hassan, 24, was found dead at a flat in Dowdeswell Close, Putney, at around 11.05am on 6 May. He had suffered stab injuries. Police believe he was attacked during the evening of 5 May or in the early hours of 6 May. Three boys aged 15, 17 and 17 were charged with murder.
- Daniel Laskos, 16, was found stabbed after police were called to a fight in Church Road, Harold Wood, Romford, at 6.41pm on 7 May. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 7.07pm. Two boys aged 15 and 17 were admitted to hospital with stab wounds before being arrested and later charged with murder. Callum Hands, 20 (26.03.01), of Romford, was also charged with murder.
- Patrick Anzy, 31, was found shot in Gillett Square, Dalston, Hackney, at around 12.56am on 8 May. He was pronounced dead at the scene. A postmortem confirmed he died of gunshot injuries. Police said that he was attacked in Boleyn Road. Jermaine Jackson, 33 (17.03.88), was charged with murder.
- Svetlana Mihalachi, 53, was found seriously injured after police and paramedics were called to a home in Princes Road, Barkingside, Ilford, at around 2pm on 9 April. She died in hospital on 12 May. Nicolae Virtosu, 47 (19.12.73) of no fixed address, was initially charged with attempted murder before her death.
- A 78-year-old man was found unresponsive at an address in Jamaica Road, Bermondsey, Southwark, at around 11.55am on 12 May. He was pronounced dead at the scene and a postmortem gave the cause of death as a head injury.
The following cases have not been included in the list, as further details are awaited:
Unexplained death of Amani Iqbal, 28, who was found unresponsive at a residential address on Thornbury Way, Walthamstow, at 8am on 3 January. She was pronounced dead a short time later. A post mortem was inconclusive and police are appealing for information from anyone who may have seen or spoken with Amani in the days before her death.
Unexplained death of a man who collapsed on Penton Street in Islington at 2.44pm on 15 January. He was pronounced dead at 4.03pm.
Suspicious death of 60-year-old man at a residential address on Collingwood Road in Uxbridge after emergency services were called at 5.35pm on 31 January. Further tests are being carried out to determine a cause of death. Frank Sonny Redman, 34, (19/8/86) of Uxbridge, was arrested on suspicion of assisting a suicide.
Deaths of two boys aged five and 14 and a 34-year-old woman after a fire at a residential property in Russett Way, Greenwich, at around 6am on 6 March. All three were members of the same family. They were named in online news reports as Victoria Amaning, 34, Ezra Okobia, 14 and Joseph Okobia, aged five. Police said that they believed the fire was started deliberately inside the address, and ruled out the involvement of a third party. DCI Laurence Smith said: “While I accept we may never know the circumstances, I am still very keen to hear from anybody who has information that could shed any light of this tragic incident.”
A 50-year-old man was hit by a car after an altercation involving eight males on Butchers Road, Canning Town, on 28 April. He died on 1 May.