Total: 75 (last updated 2/8/21)
See also: Map of homicides in London in 2021
Note: This is not an official record and may differ from any lists compiled by police etc. It includes murder and manslaughter cases. Other deaths (e.g. unexplained) are listed separately afterwards.
- Eileen Dean, 93, was beaten to death with a walking stick at a care home in Canadian Avenue, Catford. Police and paramedics were called at around 12.30am on 4 January and she was taken to hospital where she died the same day. A fellow resident, Alexander Rawson, 62 (16.09.58), of Canadian Avenue, Catford, was charged with murder on 5 January.
- Jonas Semenas, a 45 year-old Lithuanian, was found with stab wounds at a house in Tavistock Gardens, Ilford, after police were called at 4.24am on 10 January. He and a second man (see below) were pronounced dead at the scene.
- Dainius Kulboka, a 44 year-old Lithuanian, was found with stab injuries at the same address (see above). Vytautas Garmus, 51 (04.07.69), a Georgian national of Prince Regent Lane, Plaistow, was charged with both murders.
- A man in his 40s died following a fight near Eastcote tube station on Field End Road, Pinner, at around 10.15pm on 10 January. A postmortem was unable to determine a cause of death and the Metropolitan Police are treating the case as unexplained while further investigation is carried out. Detective Chief Inspector Vicky Tunstall, of the Met’s Specialist Crime Command, said: “It would appear that an altercation occurred between two males just along from the tube station. During that altercation, one of the males was punched and, sadly, died at the scene. I am appealing to those who own commercial or residential premises near to 243 Field End Road to make contact with us if you have CCTV cameras in your premises. Additionally, were you driving along this road at that time either in your own vehicle, a commercial vehicle or via public transport? We are particularly interested in tracing a small, red car which is believed to have passed the incident at the relevant time.”
- Leon Street, 48, was found stabbed in Neasden Lane North, near the junction with Hazelwood Court, Neasden, Brent, after police were called at around 9.30pm on 11 January. He died at the scene an a postmortem gave the cause of death as stab injuries to the chest. Mr Street, a father and step-grandfather, lived nearby with his fiancee and worked as a delivery driver. Detectives are linking the attack to two others stabbings by a lone suspect. The first took place ten minutes before the murder, on Neasden Lane near the junction with Press Road. A 47-year-old man was treated at hospital and discharged. The second stabbing took place Neasden Lane North near the bus stop at the junction with Press Road at around 9.50am on 17 January. A 32-year-old man was taken to hospital but his injuries were not life threatening. On 21 January, Amine Laouar 20 (15.09.00), of Oxford Place, Harlesden, was charged with murder.
- Paul Dalton, 41, was stabbed at a home on The Broadway, Wimbledon, Merton, at around 12.55am on 13 January. He was pronounced dead at the scene an hour later. Mongo Bolili, 33 (12.09.87), was charged with murder.
- David Oliver, 74, was found stabbed at a home in West Park, Greenwich, at 11.52am on 19 January. He was pronounced dead at 12.25pm. Ben Oliver, 23 (26.02.97) of Lion Road, Bexleyheath, was charged with murder.
- Anas Mezenner, a 17-year-old college student, was stabbed in West Green Road near the junction with Willow Walk, Ducketts Green, Haringey, at around 9.10pm on 19 January. He died in hospital at 4.25am on 20 January. A 17-year-old boy, three 16-year-old boys and a 14-year-old boy were charged with murder. Anas’ brother said: “Anas was never, never about this knife crime stupidity, he always kept himself humble, he was always kind and always put others first.”
- Tiparat Argatu, a 43-year-old Thai national, was found with head and neck injuries, including stab wounds, at a home in Hadfield House, Ellen Street, Whitechapel, at around 8.17pm on 24 January. She was pronounced dead at the scene. David Cheres, 19 (22.06.01), of Ellen Street, Whitechapel, was charged with murder. Police are appealing for any witnesses who saw a man walking naked in the Whitechapel area between 4am and 9am or found clothing discarded near the scene.
- Romario Opia, 15, was stabbed in Holland Walk, Archway, Islington, at around 5.30pm on 25 January. He was pronounced dead at the scene a short time later. Two boys aged 16 and 17 were charged with murder.
- Lavaun Witter, 22, was stabbed at a home in Wisbeach Road, Croydon, at around 8.10pm on 5 February. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 9.09pm. Another man was injured during the same incident. Lavaun’s family said in a statement: “No one could have seen this coming. Lavaun was destined for greatness and he wanted to fly high. He just wanted to have a good life and to take care of his family. Everyone who knows him will remember him as a legend. We are all absolutely traumatised. We don’t know how we are going to go on. It is just too painful. Long Live Lavz.” Tyreece Riggon, 20 (29/09/2000), of Armistice Gardens, SE25, Julian Russell, 22 (18/09/1998), of Sanfield Road, CR7, Tyreece Wolfries-Parkin, 18 (06.10.2002) of Rothesay Road, SE25, and Alex Pasley, 25 (01.10.1995) of Paxton Grove, Coulsdon, were charged with murder.
- Sven Badzak, 22, was chased and stabbed in Willesden Lane, Kilburn, at around 5.40pm on 6 February. He was pronounced dead after being taken to hospital. A 16-year-old boy was also injured. Police said that Sven and his friend were “the victims of an unprovoked assault by a group of males.” Sven was stabbed after falling to the ground while his friend managed to seek sanctuary in a shop. Rashid Gedel, 20 [29.09.00], of Fenman Gardens, Ilford, and Shiroh Ambersley, 20 (18.06.00) of Matthews Close, Wembley, were charged with murder.
- Hani Solomon, 18, was stabbed in the chest during a fight in Ackmar Road, Parsons Green, at around 6.42pm on 11 February. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 7.28pm. A second man was taken to hospital with a stab injury and later discharged. A 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder after attending hospital with injuries before being released on bail. Ahmed Fatah, 18 (14.10.02) of Fulham Road, SW6 and two 17-year-old boys were charged with murder.
- Jack Ampadu, 37, was found stabbed on a balcony at Denyer House off Highgate Road, Kentish Town, at around 7.40pm on 15 February. He died at the scene. Dwayne Stewart-Akers, 37 (16.05.83), of Highgate Road, was charged with murder.
- Gabriel Bringye, a 37-year-old taxi driver, was found stabbed inside his car in Jarrow Road, Tottenham Hale, at around 7.21pm on 17 February. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 8pm. Detective Chief Inspector Neil John said: “Gabriel, who worked as a private hire driver, was found fatally injured inside his car. We need to know why he was there, and who else was present. Were you in the vicinity of Jarrow Road from 6.30pm that evening? Did you see anyone acting suspiciously? If you were driving in the local area and have dash cam footage, please check it to see if you captured something that might help our investigation.” David Adeyanju, 18 (04.03.03), of Golders Green, and five boys aged 15, 15, 15, 16 and 17 were charged with murder.
- Drekwon Patterson, 16, was found stabbed in Preston Road near the station at around 11.30pm on 18 February. He died in hospital at 9am the next morning. Police are appealing for information about a black Ford Mondeo reg YR54 NHN which was seen on CCTV driving away from the scene and found burnt out in Silver Jubilee Park in Kingsbury on 19 February. DCI Richard Leonard said “I believe this car was used in an initial attempt to injure Drekwon in a collision on Preston Road. After the Mondeo had been driven at him, Drekwon ran away and was chased by four suspects who had got out of the car, before being caught and fatally stabbed. We have to yet to establish who was using this Mondeo in the days leading up to the murder, and I am appealing for anyone who may have seen it to get in touch.”
- Tyreke Watson, 21, was stabbed in West Green Road, Tottenham, at around 2pm on 22 February. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Momodu Samura, 21, (20/03/99) of Stanley Road, Tottenham, was charged with murder.
- Anna Ovsyannikova, 48, was found dead at a flat in Castlebar Road, Ealing, at around 3.45pm on 22 February. Curtis Brown, 48 (19.09.72), of Castlebar Road, was charged with murder.
- Ahmed Beker, 19, was stabbed in Paddington Green, Paddington, at around 9.13pm on 26 February. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 10pm. Ahmed’s cousin Josiph Beker was stabbed to death in Edgware in 2019. Police appealed for information about two mopeds which were seen driving erratically against the traffic towards Harrow Road from Paddington Green at around the time of the incident. One of the mopeds drove on the pavement. On 1 March officers recovered a moped from the Grand Union Canal near to Great Western Studios, Alfred Road. Jaden Forde, 18 (06.12.02), of Williams Way, Wembley, and Omar Ahmed, 18 (16.03.02) of Warlock Road, W9, were charged with murder.
- Tai Jordan O’Donnell, 19, was found with stab injuries in Alpha Road, Croydon, at around 12.12pm on 3 March. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 12.17pm. Kamila Ahmad, 22 (10.08.98), of Robinhood Lane, Mitcham, was charged with murder.
- Sarah Everard, 33, was kidnapped while walking home between Clapham and Brixton at around 9.30pm on 3 March. The last sighting of her on CCTV was in Poynders Road. On 9 March Wayne Couzens, 48 (20.12.72), a serving Metropolitan Police officer in the Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command was arrested. Sarah’s body was discovered in an area of woodland in Ashford, Kent on the evening of 10 March. A postmortem later found she had died from compression of the neck. Couzens was charged with murder and kidnap on 12 March. He pleaded guilty to rape and kidnap on 8 June and murder on 9 July. Sarah’s family said in a statement: “Sarah was bright and beautiful – a wonderful daughter and sister. She was kind and thoughtful, caring and dependable. She always put others first and had the most amazing sense of humour. She was strong and principled and a shining example to us all. We are very proud of her and she brought so much joy to our lives.”
- Two boys aged five and 14 and a 34-year-old woman died after a fire at a residential property in Russett Way, Greenwich, at around 6am on 6 March. All three were members of the same family. They were named online as Victoria Amaning, 34, Ezra Okobia, 14 and Joseph Okobia, aged five. Police said that they believed the fire was started deliberately inside the address, and ruled out the involvement of a third party. DCI Laurence Smith said: “While I accept we may never know the circumstances, I am still very keen to hear from anybody who has information that could shed any light on this tragic incident.”
- See above.
- Mazaza Owusu-Mensah, 18, was stabbed in the chest during a fight in Edington Road, Abbey Wood, at around 5.34pm on 6 March. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Mohammed Al-Shihabi, 25 (10.01.1996), of Greenwich, was charged with murder on 15 March.
- Nikolay Vandev, 19, was stabbed in Penshurst Road, Tottenham, at around 1.54pm on 8 March. He was pronounced dead at the scene. An 18-year-old man was taken to hospital with stab wounds and another 18 year-old man was treated for minor injuries. Police have charged two boys aged 15 and 17 with murder.
- Hussain Chaudhry, 18, was found stabbed in Lea Bridge Road near the junction with Grove Road at around 5.20pm on 17 March. He was pronounced dead at the scene and a postmortem gave the cause of death a stab wound to the neck. Two other people related to the victim suffered slash injuries to their hands. Marvin Ward, 18 (21.12.02) of Westwood Road, Ilford, and Alexis Morris, 18 (22.02.03,) of South Park Drive, Ilford, were charged with murder.
- Renato Geci, 25, was found stabbed after police were called to a disturbance at a property in Granville Avenue, Hounslow, at around 3.20am on 22 March. He was pronounced dead at 4.23am. A second man also suffered stab injuries but was discharged from hospital after treatment. Shaddai Smith, 31 (07/03/1990) of Romford, and Jason Sebran, 37 (06.10.83), of Stanford-Le-Hope, Essex, were charged with murder and burglary.
- Phyllis Nelson, 76, was found dead at a flat in Kent Street, Plaistow, at around 10.18pm on 25 March. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Her grandson Donovan Miller, 30 (07.11.1990) of Kent Street, was charged with murder.
- Reece Young, 23, was stabbed in the chest during a fight in Alpha Road, Croydon, at around 9.10pm on 30 March. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Police said the fight started while a vigil was taking place in memory of Tai O’Donnell (see above). Two men who were injured in the same incident left the scene before police arrived and later attended hospital. Both were arrested on suspicion of murder. One of them, aged in his 30s, assaulted police and NHS staff before forcing his way out of hospital but was arrested the following day following a search. Detective Chief Inspector Richard Vandenbergh, who is leading the investigation, said: “We believe this incident was witnessed by a number of people. They had gathered for a small vigil in remembrance of another recent fatal stabbing victim when an altercation began. Some of those people have already spoken to police, but I believe there are others who captured images and video of what happened. I need those people to contact us immediately. The information they have could prove vital in establishing the chain of events that has led to a young man losing his life.”
- Constanta Bunea, 50, was found stabbed in the back with a pair of scissors inside a block of flats in Ravine Grove, Plumstead, after police were called at 2.18am on 4 April. She died around an hour later. A postmortem confirmed the cause of death was a stab wound. Her partner Vasile Bratu, 39 (14.08.81), of no fixed address, was arrested at the scene and charged with murder.
- Loretta Herman, 85, was found unconscious in a bath in Rushden Gardens, Ilford, after her son called police at 10.51am on 9 April. She was pronounced dead at 11.48pm and a postmortem examination concluded the cause of death was compression of the neck. Her son Mark Herman, 54 (05.08.66), a DJ and club promoter who had been living at the same address, was arrested at the scene and charged with murder on 10 April. He was found dead at a secure mental health facility on 1 July. It is believed that he killed himself while awaiting trial.
- Levi Ernest-Morrison, 17, was found stabbed in Hazel Grove at the junction with Sydenham Road, Sydenham, at around 7.19pm on 10 April. He was pronounced dead shortly after 8pm. Nichola Leighton, 36 (05.01.85), of Lockwood Close, Sydenham, and three boys aged 14, 15, and 17 were charged with murder.
- Fares Maatou, 14, was stabbed in Barking Road, Canning Town, at around 3.56pm on 23 April. He was pronounced dead shortly after 4.30pm. Police believe he had an e-scooter at the time he was attacked. Two boys aged 14 and 15 have been charged with murder. Several others were charged with being concerned in the supply of crack cocaine and heroin.
- Abubakar Jah, 18, was shot and stabbed in Coolfin Road, Canning Town, at around 2.45pm on 26 April. He was pronounced dead at the scene and a postmortem gave the cause of death as knife and gunshots wounds. Abubakar, also known as Junior, was the brother of Ahmed Jah, who was stabbed to death at the age of 21 in nearby Freemasons Road in April 2017. Police said he was approached by someone in a Land Rover and shot with a shotgun before being stabbed. The car was later found burnt out at Routemaster Close, Plaistow. DCI Mark Wrigley said: “The incident happened in broad daylight at a busy time of day and I am confident that there are people who saw what happened, and also some people who have heard who did it. My team is ready to hear from anyone who has something to tell us, no matter how small – the information you hold could prove to be vital in helping progress this investigation. A young man’s life was brutally ended and a family is left devastated without the benefit of knowing who was responsible and why. If you have any information, no matter how small, please make the call.” Six people have been arrested but nobody has been charged.
- Michael Fadayomi, 40, was stabbed in High Road, Willesden, at around 5.11pm on 29 April. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Police said the incident started on a Route 260 bus and continued out onto the High Road and into a fast food shop. Marcus Griffiths, 42 (02.04.79), of Hoveden Road, NW2, was charged with murder.
- Gedeon Ngwendema, 21, was stabbed during a fight at Brent Cross Shopping Centre at around 6.45pm on 4 May. He died at the scene. Bhoniefas Rexson, 18 (06.12.02), of Buck Lane, NW9, was charged with murder.
- Maria Jane Rawlings, 45, was found dead in shrubbery in Little Heath, Romford, at around 2pm on 4 May. A postmortem determined the cause of death as neck compression and possible blunt force head trauma. Maria, a mother of two daughters, lived in the Chelmsford area and attended Kings Georges Hospital in Goodmayes, Ilford on the evening of 3 May. She then left the hospital and made her way on foot to Barley Lane in the direction of the A12. Police appealed for help tracing a man seen travelling on a 364 bus towards Dagenham at approximately 12.16am on 4 May. Valentin Lazar, 20 (11.01.01) from Barking, was charged with murder on 10 May.
- Abdirizak Hassan, 24, was found dead at a flat in Dowdeswell Close, Putney, at around 11.05am on 6 May. He had suffered stab injuries. Police believe he was attacked during the evening of 5 May or in the early hours of 6 May. Three boys aged 15, 17 and 17 were charged with murder.
- Daniel Laskos, 16, was found stabbed after police were called to a fight in Church Road, Harold Wood, Romford, at 6.41pm on 7 May. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 7.07pm. Two boys aged 15 and 17 were admitted to hospital with stab wounds before being arrested and later charged with murder. Callum Hands, 20 (26.03.01), Rakeem Green-Matthews, 18 (12.09.02) both of Romford, and a 17-year-old boy were also charged with murder.
- Patrick Anzy, 31, was found shot in Gillett Square, Dalston, Hackney, at around 12.56am on 8 May. He was pronounced dead at the scene. A postmortem confirmed he died of gunshot injuries. Police said that he was attacked in Boleyn Road. Jermaine Jackson, 33 (17.03.88), was charged with murder.
- Agnes Akom, a 20-year-old Hungarian national known as Dora, disappeared after leaving her home near Cricklewood Broadway on 9 May. She was reported missing on 11 May. Neculai Paizan, 63 (11.11.57), was arrested on 18 May and charged with murder. On 14 June human remains were found by officers searching Neasden Recreation Park in connection with Agnes’ disappearance.
- Svetlana Mihalachi, 53, was found seriously injured after police and paramedics were called to a home in Princes Road, Barkingside, Ilford, at around 2pm on 9 April. She died in hospital on 12 May. Nicolae Virtosu, 47 (19.12.73) of no fixed address, was initially charged with attempted murder before her death.
- A 78-year-old man was found unresponsive at an address in Jamaica Road, Bermondsey, Southwark, at around 11.55am on 12 May. He was pronounced dead at the scene and a postmortem gave the cause of death as a head injury.
- A 32-year-old woman died at a home in Kingston Road, Ilford, on 13 May. Police initially treated it as unexplained before classifying it as a homicide following a postmortem examination. Muhammad Ilyas, 40 (06.11.80) of Kingston Road, Ilford, was charged with murder on 27 May.
- Tim Hipperson, 39, was found stabbed in Kings Road, Richmond, at around 4pm on 17 May. He died in hospital on 20 May. Police believe he was attacked in nearby Peldon Passage. Oliver Muldowney, 34 (02.08.1986 ), of no fixed address, was charged with murder and supplying class A drugs.
- Peninah Kabeba, 42, was found stabbed at a home in Park Road, Cheam, after police were called at 9.55pm on 27 May. She was pronounced dead at the scene at 10.34pm and a postmortem gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the chest and abdomen. Her lodger Mohsen Saadi, 56 (13.04.65), of no fixed address, was charged with murder.
- A man in his 20s was shot near Turnpike Lane and Willoughby Road in Hornsey, Haringey, at around 1.10am on 28 May. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 1.55am.
- Christopher Martin, 74, was found stabbed at a home in Wild Goose Drive, New Cross Gate, Lewisham, after police were called at 4.55am on 28 May. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 5.57am. A postmortem gave cause of death as blunt force trauma to the head, chest and abdomen. Jack Forde, 23, (27.9.97) of Wild Goose Drive, was charged with murder.
- Tony Eastlake, 55, was found stabbed in Essex Road, Islington, at around 5.27pm on 29 May. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 5.58pm. Police appealed for help from witnesses who may have seen Tony in an altercation with another man in Halliford Road or Ecclesbourne Road between 5.15pm and 5.25pm. James Peppiatt, 21 (30.04.00) of Elmore Street, was charged with murder on 2 June. In a statement, his family said: “Our hearts are broken forever at the loss of such a very special man. A man who was loved by everybody in the Islington community, who is remembered as kind and caring and always laughing, but most importantly a father who leaves behind a devastated family, Lisa, Pauline, and his only daughter and best friend Paige, who he adored. Tony worked on the flower stall on Essex Road since he was 14 years old and was there through rain or shine, a smiling and friendly face to so many of us.”
- Al-Sadiq Mohamed Ishaq-Adam, 22, was stabbed in the chest in Montrose Park, Colindale, at around 5.45pm on 31 May. He was found injured in a tennis court area after police received reports of a group of males fighting and was pronounced dead at 7.19pm. Nick Kaneza, 18 (06.03.03), of Elstree Road, Hemel Hempstead, was charged with murder.
- A man in his 30s was found stabbed at a flat on Stamford Hill, not far from Stoke Newington tube station in Hackney, at 10.52am on 4 June. He died at the scene a short time later. Online reports named him as Turgay Ozcan, a barber. Katarzyna Poniatowska, 31 (29.9.89), who had lived at the Stamford Hill address, was charged with murder.
- An 89-year-old woman was found dead at a home in Barton Close, Bexleyheath, after police were called at 3.10pm on 5 June. A 57-year-old man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder.
- Nathaniel Eyewu-Ago, 35, died in hospital on 8 June as a result of stab wounds he suffered during a fight outside a residential address in Barge Walk, Greenwich, at around 4.24pm on 2 June. Nico Elliot, 22 (02.07.99) of Victoria Road, E17, Nicholas Elliot, 25 (21.07.96), of no fixed address, Ernesto Elliot, 44 (08.04.77) of Parquier Road, E17, and a 17-year-old boy were charged with murder and aggravated burglary.
- Taylor Cox, 19, was shot in the head in Hornsey Rise Gardens, Crouch Hill, Islington, at around 4.24pm on 8 June. He was pronounced dead after being taken to hospital. Jaden McGibbon, 19 (19.06.01), of Warltersville Road, N19, was charged with murder.
- Denardo Samuels-Brooks, 17, was stabbed in the chest in Prentis Road, Streatham, at around 4.16pm on 10 June. He died in hospital at 4.51pm. Four people were charged with murder: Umar Salami, 18 (16.10.02), of Addiscombe Grove, Croydon, Denzel Kwatng, 19 (14.05.02), of Parkway, New Addington, Andre Headley, 18 (12.11.02), of Prentis Road, SW16, and a 17-year-old boy from the Croydon area.
- Jalan Woods-Bell, 15, was stabbed during a fight on Blyth Road, Hayes, at around 8.34am on 11 June. He died at the scene. A 15-year-old boy was charged with murder.
- Marlene Coleman, 53, was found unresponsive at a home in Cressingham Road, Lewisham, shortly before midnight on 16 June. She was pronounced dead at the scene. Franklin Mcleod, 54 (09.02.67) of Cressingham Road, was charged with murder.
- Matthias Poleon, 27, was shot on his doorstep in Bedford Hill, Balham, at around 10.50pm on 17 June. He was taken to hospital but was pronounced dead at 11.36pm. A postmortem gave the cause of death as gunshot wound to the chest. Police said Matthias was leaving his home when he was shot by two suspects wearing facemasks. The suspects then left in a grey VW Golf. DCI Katherine Goodwin said: “I implore anyone who saw this vehicle in the area around the time of the incident to contact us, no matter how insignificant your information may seem, please get in touch, it could be vital to our investigation.”
- Mohammad Raza Gulzar, 29, was stabbed during a fight in High Road, Whetstone, at around 10.24pm on 17 June. He died in hospital at 11.15pm on 19 June. Eleven men have been arrested. Police said Mohammad was stabbed twice during a confrontation between the occupants of four vehicles travelling to the High Road in Whetstone. One of the cars, a blue Lexus Saloon, appeared to deliberately crash into one of the other cars, a dark coloured BMW. The suspects then drove away from the scene in the Lexus and a black Range Rover. The Lexus was later found on fire in Tillingham Way, near the junction with Twineham Green, while the Range Rover was later found near Dale Grove, N12. DCI Laurence Smith said: “Someone in the area may perhaps have seen the blue Lexus with a damaged front arriving at Tillingham Way near the junction with Twineham Green. I would urge residents that live in the area and anyone that was driving in the area on Thursday, 17 June to check their door bell and dashcam footage.” Mohammed Abraheem Sikander, 22 (17.07.98) of Dale Grove, N12, was charged with murder on 28 June.
- Tashawn Watt, 19, was found stabbed in Miall Walk, Sydenham, shortly after 9.30pm on 25 June. He died at the scene a short time later. Romello Harley, 19 (20.05.02), of Kirkdale, SE26, was charged with murder.
- Jason Nyarko, 26, was stabbed at an unlicensed music event inside an industrial unit in Stockholm Road, South Bermondsey, at around 11.50pm on 26 June. He was pronounced dead at the scene. A 16-year-old boy was also found with head injuries and taken to hospital for treatment before being arrested. He was charged with murder on 29 June. DCI Brian Howie said: “We need the assistance of those at the event to come forward to police. We know there is a large amount of video footage that was taken on the night. It is vital that we see this and I urge anyone with videos and photos to submit them to police.”
- Camron Smith, 16, was found stabbed inside a home on Bracken Avenue, Shrublands, Croydon, after police were called at 12.46am on 1 July. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 1.34am. The suspects are believed to have fled in a vehicle which was abandoned in nearby Warren Street. Romain La Pierre, 18 (16.07.02) of Amber Grove, Cricklewood, and two boys aged 15 and 16, were charged with murder.
- Stephen Dempsey, 60, was stabbed at Oxford Circus just before 8pm on 1 July. He died after being taken to hospital. Tedi Fanta Hagos, 25 (01.01.96) of Ravenhill, Swansea, was arrested after members of the public including two skateboarders intervened to detain him at the scene. He was later charged with murder. Police said they were treating it as a random and unprovoked attack which was not believed to be linked to terrorism. Beryl Dempsey, Stephen’s mother, said: “I feel lost for words. I still feel so shocked and I keep expecting him to just walk back through the door. He looked after me and I depended on him for so much. I relied on him for everything and I miss him terribly. I would like the opportunity to personally thank the two men who intervened in an attempt to save my son’s life. Your actions were heroic and I am grateful for your courage and bravery. Now I beg you to come forwards and help police with their enquiries.”
- Tamim Ian Habimana, 15, was stabbed in Woolwich New Road in the London borough of Greenwich at around 5.23pm on 5 July. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 6.08pm. Daryl Bethel 19 (09.10.01) of Gravesend, Kent, and four boys aged 14, 15, 15, and 17, were charged with murder. DCI Richard Leonard said: “We are aware of footage relating to this murder being posted on social media and remind the public that any video captures or images may be very important to our investigation.”
- Keane Flynn-Harling, 16, was stabbed in Oval Place, Lambeth, at around 11.45pm on 5 July. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Sadikee Williams 36 (03.08.84) of Robsart Street, SW9, was charged with murder on 14 July.
- Mee Kuen Chong, 67, known to friends as Deborah, was reported missing from her home in Wembley on 11 June. She was found dead in an area of woodland near to Bennett Road in Salcombe, South Devon, on 27 June. The case was initially treated as unexplained and an initial postmortem was unable to determine a cause of death. The Metropolitan Police launched a murder investigation on 6 July. Jemma Mitchell, 36 (22.07.84), of Brondesbury Park, Brent, was charged with murder on 10 July. DCI Jim Eastwood said: “We are working on establishing the full circumstances surrounding Mee’s death and in particular her movements. I would ask anyone who saw her between Thursday, 10 June and Sunday, 27 June either in London or Devon, who has not yet spoken to police, to please come forward.”
- Marek Smalec, 48, was found dead found at a residential address in Hillingdon Hill, Hillingdon, on 5 July. A postmortem gave the cause of death as a brain haemorrhage. Damien Lenihan 37 (06.06.84) of no fixed address, was charged with murder.
- Damarie Omare Roye, 16, was stabbed in Bensham Manor Road near the junction with Swain Road, Thornton Heath, on 9 July. He was taken to hospital in a private vehicle by members of the public and police were called by medical staff at around 3pm. He died in hospital on 11 July. Police believe he was attacked during an altercation with two men on a moped. Byron Whyne, 19 (17.10.01), of Grenaby Road, Croydon, was charged with murder.
- A 44-year-old man was found dead in New Park Road, Brixton Hill, at around 6.55am on 12 July. A postmortem gave the cause of death as multiple injuries. A 48 year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder on 14 July.
- Shane Jerome, 23, was stabbed near Brixton tube station at around 8.18pm on 21 July. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 8.45pm. Brandon Aldon McNeil, 18 (01.11.2002), of Lollard Street, SE11, was charged with murder.
- Marius Lakavicius, 44, was found injured following a suspected assault near the junction of Goresbrook Road and Treswell Road in Dagenham at around 11.55pm on 23 July. He was pronounced dead at the scene and a postmortem gave the cause of death as head injuries. Airidas Janavicius, 38 (02.03.83), of Burdetts Road, Dagenham, was charged with murder.
- Beatrice Stoica, 36, was found stabbed at a residential address in Lordship Lane, East Dulwich, at around 10.10pm on 23 July. She died in hospital at 2.01am on 24 July. Stony Stoica, 44 (03.02.77), of Lordship Lane, was charged with murder.
- Omar Belal, 46, was found dead after police were called to a residence in Stanley Road, Enfield, at around 4pm on 27 July. Heaven Belal, 40 (01.02.81), of Enfield, was charged with murder.
- Reece Williams, 29, was stabbed in Welland Street, Greenwich, at around 1.06am on 30 July. He was taken to hospital but died at 2.37am. A 20-year-old man, who had also suffered stab injuries, and a 25-year-old woman were arrested on suspicion of murder. Robbie Munoz, 20 (15.04.01) of Belmont Road, Wallington, was charged with murder.
- Louise Kam, 71, was last seen by her family near the Spires Shopping Centre in Barnet at around 12.30pm on 26 July. The BMW 3 Series convertible driven by the Chinese mother-of-two from Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, was recovered by police on 28 July. Police investigating her disappearance found a body at an address in Harrow on 1 August. Mohamed El Abboud, 26 (27.10.94) of Gallants Farm Road, Barnet, and Kusai Al-jundi, 23 (10.01.98) of Wood End Road, Harrow, were charged with murder.
The following cases have not been included in the list, as further details are awaited:
Unexplained death of Amani Iqbal, 28, who was found unresponsive at a residential address on Thornbury Way, Walthamstow, at 8am on 3 January. She was pronounced dead a short time later. A post mortem was inconclusive and police are appealing for information from anyone who may have seen or spoken with Amani in the days before her death.
Unexplained death of a man who collapsed on Penton Street in Islington at 2.44pm on 15 January. He was pronounced dead at 4.03pm.
Suspicious death of 60-year-old man at a residential address on Collingwood Road in Uxbridge after emergency services were called at 5.35pm on 31 January. Further tests are being carried out to determine a cause of death. Frank Sonny Redman, 34, (19/8/86) of Uxbridge, was arrested on suspicion of assisting a suicide.
A 50-year-old man was hit by a car after an altercation involving eight males on Butchers Road, Canning Town, on 28 April. He died on 1 May.
Unexplained death of woman, aged in her 40s, who was found in Southall Park in Green Drive at around 6am on 17 July. A postmortem was unable to ascertain a cause of death and toxicology test results are awaited. Police appealed for witnesses who were in the area between 10.30pm on Friday, 16 July and 1.30am on Saturday, 17 July.