Total: 91 (last updated 17/8/19)
Note: This is not an official record and may differ from any lists compiled by police etc. Some cases (e.g. unexplained deaths) may be listed separately until they are confirmed as homicides (murder or manslaughter).
See also: Map of homicides in London in 2019
- Charlotte Huggins, 33, was stabbed to death at her home in John Ruskin Street, Camberwell, at 4.20am on 1 January. Her ex-partner Michael Rolle, 34, was arrested two days later. The trial heard he stabbed her in the back during an argument a few days after she told him she wanted to end their relationship. He was convicted of murder by a jury on 18 July and sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum of 20 years before parole.
- Tudor Simionov, 33, was stabbed to death while working as a security guard at a private party in Park Lane on 1 January. Four men were charged with murder but the charge was dropped against one of them before trial. Two of the remaining three pleaded guilty to manslaughter at the start of the prosecution case.
- Simbiso Aretha Moula, 39, was found strangled at her home in Rainham on 4 January. Her partner Garikayi Moula, 51, was also found dead (suspension/hanging) but his death is not being treated as suspicious.
- Sarah Ashraf, 35, was found dead at her home on the Isle of Dogs on 5 January. Her brother Khalid Ashraf, 32, was charged with murder.
- Jaden Moodie, 14, was stabbed to death in Leyton on 8 January after being knocked off a moped by a black Mercedes. Ayoub Majdouline, 18, and Yusuf Dubbad, 21, were charged with murder. The case against Dubbad was dropped before trial.
- Asma Begum, 31, was found dead at a flat in Poplar on 11 January. She had been stabbed more than 50 times to the head, neck and body. Her husband Jalal Uddin, 46, was arrested the following day. The trial heard he killed her after she confronted him about gambling away their money. He was convicted of murder by a jury on 17 July and sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum of 19 years before parole.
- Kamil Malysz, a 34 year-old Polish national, was found stabbed to death at a flat in Alfred Road, Acton, at 10.15am on 27 January. Police are appealing for information about suspect Patryk Makuch, also a 34 year-old Polish national, who is believed to have travelled to Europe. Call the incident room on 020 8785 8244.
- Nedim Bilgin, 17, was stabbed to death in Caledonian Road, Islington, on 29 January.
- Carl Thorpe, 46, was found dead after a fire at Highgate Mental Health Centre on 3 February. Jordan Bramble, 21, has been charged with murder.
- Lejean Richards, 19, was stabbed to death in Battersea on 5 February. Two brothers, Roy Reyes-Nieves, 23, and Roger Reyes-Nieves, 18, were charged with murder. Prosecutors dropped the charges against both men before trial. The Old Bailey heard forensic evidence supported their claims they acted in self defence.
- Dennis Anderson, 39, was stabbed to death in East Dulwich on 10 February. Jahmel Michael Riley, 24 has been charged with murder.
- Bright Akinleye, 22, was stabbed to death on Euston Street, Camden, on 18 February. Tashan Brewster, 30, Abdoulie Ceesay, 28 and Oliver Petts, 29 were charged with murder.
- Brian Wieland, 69, was found dead with multiple head injuries after a fire at his home in Genever Close, Chingford, on 19 February. Myrtella Williams, 51, who lived at the same address, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and taken to hospital with serious burns. She died of her injuries on 19 April.
- Glendon Spence, 23, was stabbed to death at a youth club in Brixton on 21 February. Two 17-year-old men were charged with murder.
- Kamali Gabbidon-Lynck, 19, was stabbed in Wood Green on 22 February and died in hospital at 3am on 23 February. Tyrell Graham, 18, Sheareem Cookhorn, 20, a 17 year-old man and two 16 year-old boys were charged with murder.
- David Lopez-Fernandez, a 38 year-old Spanish national, was stabbed to death in Stepney on 25 February. Jairo Sepulveda-Garcia, 36, was charged with murder.
- Che Morrison, 20, was stabbed to death outside Ilford train station on 26 February. Florent Okende, 20, was arrested on 2 March after being identified from CCTV footage. Following a trial at the Old Bailey he was convicted of murder on 23 July and sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum of 23 years before parole. The trial heard Okende had been released from prison three weeks earlier and wanted to reassert his status as a cannabis dealer in the Ilford area. Following a short dispute with the victim, a casual cannabis dealer in the area, he punched Mr Morrison in the face, pulled out a knife and stabbed him in the heart.
- Jodie Chesney, 17, was stabbed to death at a park in Harold Hill, Romford, on 1 March. Manuel Petrovic, 20, Svenson Ong-a-kwie, 18, two boys aged 15 and 17, were charged with murder.
- Elize Linda Stevens, 50, was stabbed to death in Hendon on 2 March. Her partner Ian Levy, 54, was charged with murder.
- Three-month-old Jolia Bogdan died after being found unresponsive at a home in Croydon on 2 March. Her mother Kamila Bogdan, 40, was charged with murder. The prosecution accepted a plea of infanticide and she was sentenced to a hospital order under section 37 of the Mental Health Act.
- David Martinez-Valencia, a 26 year-old Spanish-Colombian national, was stabbed to death in North Birkbeck Road, Leyton, on 6 March. Carlos Rueda Velez, 18, was charged with murder.
- The body of Laureline Garcia-Bertaux, a 34 year-old French national, was found in a shallow grave in a garden in Kew on 6 March. She had been reported missing after failing to turn up to work on 5 March. Kirill Belorusov, 32, was arrested in Estonia and extradited to the UK to stand trial for murder.
- Mohammed Elmi, 37, died in hospital on 6 March, three days after he was found stabbed in Romilly Street, Soho. Joe Gynane, 34, was charged with murder.
- Ayub Hassan, 17, was stabbed to death in Lanfrey Place, West Kensington, on 7 March. A 15 year-old boy was charged with murder.
- Antoinette Donnegan, 52, was found dead at her home in Este Road, Battersea, on 7 March. Kristian Smith, 41, was charged with murder.
- Florin Pitic, 20, died after suffering a serious head injury in an assault at Queensbury tube station on 10 March.
Ciprian Mandachi, 23, and Alin Mihai, 23, were charged with murder.
- Nathaniel Armstrong, 29, was stabbed to death in Gowan Avenue, Fulham, on 16 March. Lovel Bailey, 29, was charged with murder but the case was discontinued due to insufficient evidence in June 2019.
- Abdirashid Mohamoud, 17, was chased and stabbed to death in Union Lane, Isleworth, on 22 March.
- Ravi Katharkamar, 54, was stabbed to death in a suspected robbery at Marsh Food and Wine in Marsh Road, Pinner, on 24 March. Alexander Stephen Gunn, 31, has been charged with murder.
- Ramane Richard Wiggan, 25, was shot dead in Friar Mews, West Norwood, on 27 March.
- Zahir Visiter, 25, was stabbed to death in Cunningham Place, St John’s Wood, on 28 March. Two suspects were seen leaving the area and entering a nearby mosque. Kamal Hussain, 21, and Yosif Ahmed, 18, were charged with murder.
- Gavin Garraway, 40, was stabbed to death in his car on Clapham Park Road near Clapham Common tube station on 29 March. Zion Chiata, 18, has been charged with murder.
- Calvin Bungisa, 22, was chased and stabbed to death in Grafton Road, Kentish Town, on 1 April. The suspects then ran back to Vicar’s Road and escaped in a dark coloured VW Bora, which was found burnt out hours later in Court Gardens. Detective Chief Inspector Mark Cranwell said the murder may be gang-related.
- Hubert Hall, 60, suffered a head injury during a suspected assault in Hoe Street, Walthamstow, on 2 April and died in hospital on 3 April. David Dalling, 44 , has been charged with murder and robbery.
- Annabelle Lancaster, 22, died after being found injured in the street in Brookbank, Turkey Street, Enfield, on 7 April. A man was arrested on suspicion of murder before being released on bail.
- Noore Bashir Salad, 22, was stabbed to death in Church Road, Manor Park, on 8 April. He also suffered gunshot wounds. Detectives believe he was approached by three men who fled towards Browning Road.
- Aron Kato, 28, was last seen being pushed into a BMW car on Ley Street, Ilford, shortly after 4.30am on 18 April. Police launched a murder investigation in July after failing to trace eitther him or the vehicle. A £10,000 reward for information was offered by the Crimestoppers charity.
- Gopinath Kasivisuwanathan, 27, died after suffering injuries when a car was driven at him and a 21 year-old man outside Alperton tube station in Ealing Road, Wembley, on 16 April.
Camasan Judes Emanuvel, 35, has been charged with murder.
- Steven Brown, 47, was stabbed to death in Matthias Road, Stoke Newington, on 17 April.
- Meshach Lee Mitchell Williams, 21, was stabbed to death in High Street Harlesden on 23 April. Police believe that the suspects arrived in two cars and blocked traffic in order to carry out the attack. Dominic Calder, 18, Mikel Mulqueen, 18, and Emmanuel Kamara 23, were charged with murder.
- Joshua White, 29, was stabbed to death in Frampton Park Road, Hackney, on 26 April. Police said the attackers arrived in a white Ford SUV-type vehicle. A 16-year-old boy and
Taylar Isaac, 18, were charged with murder.
- Amy Parsons, 35, was found beaten to death at a flat in Crowder Street, Whitechapel, on 26 April. Her partner Roderick Deakin-White, 37, of Crowder Street, was charged with murder.
- Mihrican Mustafa, a 38-year-old mother-of-three, was found dead in a freezer at a flat in Vandome Close, Canning Town, on 26 April. A second body was also found (see below). Both had suffered multiple injuries but a postmortem was unable to establish a cause of death.
- Henriett Szucs, 34, was found dead in a freezer at a flat in Vandome Close, Canning Town, on 26 April. Zahid Younis, 34, was charged with two counts of preventing a lawful and decent burial.
- Tashaûn Aird, 15, was chased and stabbed to death after a confrontation with a group of youths in a park near Somerford Grove, Hackney Downs / Stoke Newington, on 1 May. Romaine Williams-Reid, 18, two 15-year-old boys and a 16-year-old boy were charged with murder.
- Constantin Sin, 51, died after being hit by a car in High Road, Leytonstone, on 5 May. Police said it appeared to be a deliberate act by the driver following an altercation in the street. Riyaz Adam, 25, was charged with murder.
- McCaulay Junior Urugbezi-Edwards, 18, was chased and stabbed to death in Tiverton Street, Southwark, on 5 May. A 17 year-old man was charged with murder.
- Mohammed Shah Subhani, 27, was last seen in Heston at 12.30pm on 7 May. His white Audi Q3, registration LC67 CXS, was seen travelling south on Whitton Road in the direction of Park Road at 3.49pm that day. False plates were placed on the vehicle one or two days later. It was recovered in Camden on 19 June following a police pursuit, but the three occupants evaded arrest. In August 2019 detectives said it was being treated as a murder inquiry due to the length of time and ballistic evidence recovered from the car.
- Barrington Davis, 54, was found dead at his flat in Torridon Road, Catford, on 16 May. Police forced entry to the address at 7am after neighbours said he had not been seen for some time. A postmortem found the cause of death was multiple stab wounds.
- Tatiana Koudriavtsev, 68, was found dead at a flat in Adair Tower, Appleford Road, North Kensington, at 6.40am on 23 May. Her partner was also found dead (see below).
- Vladimir Koudriavtsev, 69, was found dead at the flat in Adair Tower, North Kensington. Son Sergey Koudriavtsev, 48, was charged with both murders.
- Alimuz Zaman, 23, was stabbed to death in St Paul’s Way, Bow, at 4.30pm on 26 May. Alimal Islam, 19, and Mofizur Rahman, 19, were charged with murder.
- Iderval da Silva, a 46 year-old Brazilian man, died of head injuries on 28 May, three days after he was assaulted while trying to stop thieves stealing his moped in Charlotte Despard Avenue, Battersea, at 4.32pm on 25 May. Jaden Richards, 19, a 17-year-old man, and two 16 year-old boys were charged with murder.
- Ismaila Ceesay, 33, was stabbed in the abdomen during a right in Warwick Road, Forest Gate, at around 1.15am on 28 May.
- Graham Howe, 53, died of a head injury after a suspected assault at The Fleadh pub in Preston Road, Harrow, at around 11.05pm on 30 May.
- Steven Kennedy, 61, suffered a head injury during a suspected assault in Plaistow Park at 11.35am on 30 May. He died three days later on 2 June. Mohammed Metowlli, 23,, was charged with GBH and manslaughter.
- Baris Kucuk, 33, was stabbed in the leg in Seven Sisters Road, Stamford Hill, at 3.09am on 1 June. He died in hospital on 3 June. Adam Tarik, 24, was charged with murder.
- Suspicious death of 43-year-old Adrian Murphy at a flat in Lombard Road, Battersea, on 4 June. Detectives believe he was drugged after arranging to meet a stranger using a dating app. His death has been linked to an earlier robbery and rape in Walthamstow. A 24 year-old man and a 17 year-old girl were arrested on suspicion of murder.
- Cheyon Evans, 18, was stabbed to death in Deeside Road, Earlsfield, Wandsworth, at around 4.42pm on 14 June. Mohammed Nadir Dafallah, 18, and two other men aged 17 and 18 were charged with murder.
- Eniola Aluko, 19, was shot dead in a car park in Hartville Road, Plumstead, at around 4.54pm on 14 June. His family said in a statement: “Eniola was a wonderful son who was looking forward to starting university later this year. He was good, kind and respectful and we are struggling to understand why he has been taken from us. “
- Gleb Stanislavovitch Zhebrovsky, 34, was stabbed to death in Alton Street, Poplar, at around 1.58pm on 15 June. Yasin Omar Amare, 28, was charged with murder.
- Giedrius Juskauskas, 42, was stabbed to death in Whalebone Lane, Stratford, at around 12.40am on 17 June. Mantas Kvedaras, 25, was charged with murder and Asta Juskauskiene, 34, was charged with conspiracy to commit murder.
- Stepan Suslyk, 40, died in hospital of blunt force trauma to the head on 18 June. Police believe he suffered the injury in Holland Park Avenue, Notting Hill, in the early hours of 16 June. Serhiy Pelykh, 22, was charged with manslaughter.
- David Bello-Monerville, 38, was stabbed during a fight in Welbeck Road, Barnet, at around 10.50pm on 18 June and was pronounced dead in hospital shortly after midnight. Two other men suffered stab injuries. Nathan Harewood, 27, Khalil Rehman, 26, and Francis Appiagyei, 27, were charged with murder.
- Ionut Manea, 38, died after suffering severe burns in a fire at a temporary campsite on land near the A406 in Ilford at around 11.45pm on 18 June. A second man aged 43 remains in critical condition in hospital. Petra Deliu, 51, and a 37 year-old man were charged with murder, attempted murder and arson with intent to endanger life.
- Edward Simpson, 25, was shot dead at Exeter House on Water Mill Way, Feltham, at around 11.08pm on 21 June.
- Yusuf Mohamed, 18, was stabbed to death after being chased into a shop in Uxbridge Road, Shepherd’s Bush, at around 9.20pm on 26 June. Two 17 year-old males were charged with murder.
- Kelly Mary Fauvrelle, 26, was stabbed to death at her home in Raymead Avenue, Thornton Heath, at around 3.30am on 29 June. She was eight months pregnant. Her baby was delivered at the scene and taken to hospital.
- Riley Fauvrelle, the son of Kelly Mary, died in hospital on 3 July. Aaron McKenzie, 25, was charged with the murder of Kelly Fauvrelle and the manslaughter of Riley Fauvrelle.
- A 54-year-old man died in hospital after being assaulted in Coldharbour Lane, Brixton, at around 5.55pm on 29 June.
- Faudi Mohamed, 28, was stabbed to death in Ron Leighton Way, East Ham, at around 11.07pm on 29 June. Muhammed Hussain, 23, was charged with murder.
- Amara Toure, 18, died in hospital after being stabbed in Sutherland Walk, Walworth, at around 4.51am on 30 June. Paulinho Paulo, 20, Dullah Abdullah, 20, and Sultan Chaudhry, 20, were charged with murder.
- Gary Blagrove, 44, died in hospital on 2 July, three days after he was assaulted at a flat in New Kings Road, Fulham. Rakim Noel, 24, was charged with murder.
- Tesfa Campbell, 40, died in hospital after being stabbed in Latchmere Road, Battersea, Wandsworth, at around 2.45pm on 3 July. Jerome Bailey, 37, was charged with murder.
- Amanda Gretton, 57, was found dead at garages in Prendergast Road, Blackheath, at around 5pm on 5 July. She had been reported missing by her family on 15 May. Police said the body had “injuries suggestive of third party involvement”.
- Craig Small, 32, was shot outside a shop in Harrow Road near Monks Park, Wembley, at around 8.10pm on 5 July. He died shortly after arriving at hospital. His mother Carol, said: “Craig meant everything to us. He was a loving son, a father, an uncle, he was a peace maker. He was the soul of the family, he lit up the room and now the light has gone. Our family are broken by this, we urge everyone with information to come forward. Silence empowers this violence. It is time for this to stop, we need to stand together to put an end to this. Please can anyone who knows anything come forward, we need to stand up now. Craig had a past but he had changed his life for the better, he was moving in the right direction. His life has been taken senselessly, he did nothing to deserve this.”
- Grineo Daka, 27, was shot dead at the Phoenix snooker club in Lea Bridge Road, Leyton, shortly before 3am on 7 July. Liridon Saliuka, 29, was charged with murder.
- Kwasi Mensah-Ababio, 26, was found shot in the head in Monks Park, near Monks Park Gardens, Wembley, at 7.05pm on 7 July. Alhassan Jalloh, 20, Karlos Gracia, 22, Taalib Rowe, 24, and Rene Montaque, 34, were charged with murder.
- Leo Marcus, 22, was stabbed in Tellson Avenue, Woolwich, at around 2.40pm on 10 July. He died six hours later. Shackim Taylor, 19 , was charged with murder and robbery.
- Boluwatife Oyewunmi, 22, died in hospital on 11 July of cardiac arrest, pneumonia and brain injury caused by a gunshot wound. He had been shot in Lincoln Road, Enfield, more than two years earlier, at around 9.45pm on 5 April 2017. A murder investigation was launched following his death and five men remain under investigation.
- Kye Manning, 19, was stabbed in the heart on Brighton Road, Purley, Croydon, at 9.10pm on 11 July.
- Layla Arizo, 74, was found stabbed to death at her home in Redfern Avenue, Whitton, at 9.41am on 12 July.
- Her husband Akbar Arizo, 64, was found stabbed to death at the same property. The couple’s son Mustafa Arizo, 31, was charged with both murders.
- Diane Dyer, 61, was found dead at her home in Oakwood Avenue, Beckenham, at 11.08pm on 18 July. She had suffered blunt force trauma to the head and face. David Samuel McCorkell, 54, was charged with murder.
- Robert Komuro, 41, was found with serious head injuries on Gordon Road, Yiewsley, Hillingdon, shortly after 10pm on 23 July. He died in hospital at 1.49pm on 25 July.
- Abdullahi Hassan, 20, was stabbed in Boundary Road, South Hampstead, at 11.45pm on 25 July and was pronouncd dead at 12.37am on 26 July. Amil Choudhury, 20, and Mohammed Mahir Miah, 20, were charged with murder.
- Liam Dent, 25, was hit by a car in Moor Lane, Chessington, at around 12.13am on 26 July and died at the scene. Police said it appeared to be “a pre-meditated attack where the driver collided with the victim and then dragged him for half a mile before making off”. The car, a Ford S Max, was found burnt out in Cyclamen Way in Epsom. Detectives believe Liam was involved in a dispute between two groups outside the Lucky Rover pub in Chessington earlier that night.
- Alcivradis Mavredis, 60, died in hospital of head injuries on 31 July. He had been assaulted outside the Royal Oak pub in St John’s Road, Hornsey Rise, Islington, at around 1.10am on 13 July and was taken to hospital at 6.40am after police were called to reports of an unconscious man at an address in Beachcroft Way. Leon Tayler, 26, was charged with murder.
- Dorothy Woolmer, 89, was found dead at her home in Waltheof Gardens, Tottenham, at around 10.45am on Sunday 4 August. Reece Dempster, 22, was charged with murder, rape and burglary.
- Alex Smith, 16, was chased and stabbed to death in Munster Square on the Regent’s Park Estate in Camden at around 11.10pm on 12 August.
- Solomon Small, 18, was stabbed to death in Corrance Road, Brixton, shortly before 2pm on 15 August.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe any other cases should be included.
This list does not include:
Linda McArity, 50, found dead at a house in Hobday Street, Poplar, on 30 December 2018, initially treated as unexplained, murder investigation launched after postmortem on 4 January 2019.
Death from head injuries of unidentified 43 year-old man found unconscious near Tower Hill station on the morning of 17 February 2019. The Metropolitan announced on 26 March it was not being treated as suspicious.
Death of Alan Powell, 80, on 22 February 2019, two days after being found with back and facial injuries in the street in Hornchurch. An inquest found he died of natural causes due to a fall.
Death of man in his 40s in Northolt Road, Harrow, on 3 April 2019. Police concluded the death was not suspicious and was related to a pre-existing medical condition.
Unexplained death of 25 year-old man who was found suffering from a head injury in Dunelm Grove, West Norwood, on 9 April.
Unexplained death of a man in his 30s found at house in Hedgeman’s Road, Dagenham, on 20 April. Four men were arrested on suspicion of murder and released on bail.
Death of Erik San-Filippo, a 23 year-old Italian national whose body was found in a wheelie bin in Islington on 11 May. Tests found the cause of death was a drug overdose. Gerardo Rossi, 52, was charged with preventing a lawful burial.
Death of 46 year-old woman in a house fire in Cray Avenue, Orpington, on 28 May. A 45 year-old man died in hospital on 2 June.
Suspicious death of a woman in her 30s at the Ramada Hotel in Leisure Way, Finchley, on 6 June. The class A drug heroin was found at the scene.
Unexplained death of 49 year-old man who collapsed outside the Black Heart pub in Greenland Place, Camden, on 21 June.