Total: 108 (last updated 18/9/19)
Note: This is not an official record and may differ from any lists compiled by police etc. Some cases (e.g. unexplained deaths) may be listed separately until they are confirmed as homicides (murder or manslaughter).
See also: Map of homicides in London in 2019
- Charlotte Huggins, 33, was stabbed to death at her home in John Ruskin Street, Camberwell, at 4.20am on 1 January. Her ex-partner Michael Rolle, 34, was arrested two days later. The trial heard he stabbed her in the back during an argument a few days after she told him she wanted to end their relationship. He was convicted of murder by a jury on 18 July and sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum of 20 years before parole.
- Tudor Simionov, 33, was stabbed in the chest while working as a security guard at a private party in Park Lane at 5.32am on 1 January. He was attacked after he intervened to help a colleague during a fight which began when the suspects’ group were refused entry. Four men were charged with murder but the charge was dropped against one of them before trial. Adam Khalil, 21, and Haroon Akram, 26, pleaded guilty to manslaughter on the second day of the trial. Nor Hamada, 24, faces a retrial for murder after the jury failed to reach a verdict. Police are still trying to trace Ossama Hamed, 26.
- Simbiso Aretha Moula, 39, was found strangled at her home in Rainham on 4 January. Her partner Garikayi Moula, 51, was also found dead (suspension/hanging) but his death is not being treated as suspicious.
- Sarah Ashraf, 35, was found dead at her home on the Isle of Dogs on 5 January. Her brother Khalid Ashraf, 32, was charged with murder.
- Jaden Moodie, 14, was stabbed to death in Leyton on 8 January after being knocked off a moped by a black Mercedes. Ayoub Majdouline, 18, and Yusuf Dubbad, 21, were charged with murder. The case against Dubbad was dropped before trial.
- Asma Begum, 31, was found dead at a flat in Poplar on 11 January. She had been stabbed more than 50 times to the head, neck and body. Her husband Jalal Uddin, 46, was arrested the following day. The trial heard he killed her after she confronted him about gambling away their money. He was convicted of murder by a jury on 17 July and sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum of 19 years before parole.
- Kamil Malysz, a 34 year-old Polish national, was found stabbed to death at a flat in Alfred Road, Acton, at 10.15am on 27 January. Police are appealing for information about suspect Patryk Makuch, also a 34 year-old Polish national, who is believed to have travelled to Europe. Call the incident room on 020 8785 8244.
- Nedim Bilgin, 17, was stabbed to death in Caledonian Road, Islington, on 29 January.
- Carl Thorpe, 46, was found dead after a fire at Highgate Mental Health Centre on 3 February. Jordan Bramble, 21, has been charged with murder.
- Lejean Richards, 19, was stabbed to death in Battersea on 5 February. Two brothers, Roy Reyes-Nieves, 23, and Roger Reyes-Nieves, 18, were charged with murder. Prosecutors dropped the charges against both men before trial. The Old Bailey heard forensic evidence supported their claims they acted in self defence.
- Dennis Anderson, 39, was stabbed to death at an off licence in Lordship Lane in East Dulwich at around 2.40am on 10 February. Jahmel Michael Riley, 24, was arrested after handing himself in to police on 13 February. He was convicted of murder following a trial at the Old Bailey and on 20 August was sentenced too life imprisonment with a minimum of 23.5 years before parole. The court heard Mr Anderson had entered off-licence with friends on way home from a party. When Riley asked him for a cigarette, Mr Anderson refused, adding: “Why don’t you get a job like the rest of us”. Riley pulled out a hunting knife and, during a struggle captured on CCTV cameras, inflicted a fatal stab wound to the victim’s neck.
- Bright Akinleye, 22, was stabbed to death on Euston Street, Camden, on 18 February. Tashan Brewster, 30, Abdoulie Ceesay, 28, Oliver Petts, 29, and Silas Loko, 26, were charged with murder.
- Brian Wieland, 69, was found dead with multiple head injuries after a fire at his home in Genever Close, Chingford, on 19 February. Myrtella Williams, 51, who lived at the same address, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder and taken to hospital with serious burns. She died of her injuries on 19 April.
- Glendon Spence, 23, was stabbed inside the Marcus Lipton Youth Centre in Minet Road, Brixton, at 6.45pm on 21 February. He died at the scene from an injury to his thigh. CCTV cameras inside the club recorded two suspects chasing the victim into the club and attacking him near a table tennis table in front of other children before fleeing in a BMW. The next day Rishon Florant, 17, was arrested as he attempted to fly to Dubai. Chibuzo Ukonu, 17, was arrested in Manchester on 27 February. On 3 September, following a trial at the Old Bailey, Florant was convicted of murder and Ukonu was convicted of manslaughter.
- Kamali Gabbidon-Lynck, 19, was stabbed in Wood Green on 22 February and died in hospital at 3am on 23 February. Tyrell Graham, 18, Sheareem Cookhorn, 20, a 17 year-old man and two 16 year-old boys were charged with murder.
- David Lopez-Fernandez, a 38 year-old Spanish national, was stabbed to death in Stepney on 25 February. Jairo Sepulveda-Garcia, 36, was charged with murder.
- Che Morrison, 20, was stabbed to death outside Ilford train station on 26 February. Florent Okende, 20, was arrested on 2 March after being identified from CCTV footage. Following a trial at the Old Bailey he was convicted of murder on 23 July and sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum of 23 years before parole. The trial heard Okende had been released from prison three weeks earlier and wanted to reassert his status as a cannabis dealer in the Ilford area. Following a short dispute with the victim, a casual cannabis dealer in the area, he punched Mr Morrison in the face, pulled out a knife and stabbed him in the heart.
- Jodie Chesney, 17, was stabbed to death at a park in Harold Hill, Romford, on 1 March. Manuel Petrovic, 20, Svenson Ong-a-kwie, 18, two boys aged 15 and 17, were charged with murder.
- Elise Linda Stevens, 50, was stabbed to death by her partner at his flat in Great North Way, Hendon, on 2 March. Ian Levy, 54, was arrested at the scene. He was convicted of murder on 20 August and sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum of 21 years before parole. The court heard Levy had a history of mental health problems and relationship difficulties, with several hospital admissions for depression dating back to at least 2002. Following the killing Levy told health workers that he had planned the attack and was afraid that Ms Stevens would meet “some rich guy”. Judge Richard Foster told him: “What made you do that terrible act was that toxic mixture of rage, self pitying and resentment.”
- Three-month-old Jolia Bogdan died after being found unresponsive at a home in Croydon on 2 March. Her mother Kamila Bogdan, 40, was charged with murder. The prosecution accepted a plea of infanticide and she was sentenced to a hospital order under section 37 of the Mental Health Act.
- David Martinez-Valencia, a 26 year-old Spanish-Colombian national, was stabbed to death in North Birkbeck Road, Leyton, on 6 March. Carlos Rueda Velez, 18, was charged with murder.
- The body of Laureline Garcia-Bertaux, a 34 year-old French national, was found in a shallow grave in a garden in Kew on 6 March. She had been reported missing after failing to turn up to work on 5 March. Kirill Belorusov, 32, was arrested in Estonia and extradited to the UK to stand trial for murder.
- Mohammed Elmi, 37, died in hospital on 6 March, three days after he was found stabbed in Romilly Street, Soho. Joe Gynane, 34, was charged with murder.
- Ayub Hassan, 17, was stabbed to death in Lanfrey Place, West Kensington, on 7 March. A 15 year-old boy was convicted of murder in September after a trial at the Old Bailey. The court heard the suspect was seen arguing with the victim in an alleyway before stabbing him once in the chest. The motive remains unclear. The suspect claimed he acted in self defence after Ayub demanded he sell cannabis to pay off a £50 debt.
- Antoinette Donnegan, 52, was found dead at her home in Este Road, Battersea, on 7 March. Kristian Smith, 41, was charged with murder.
- Florin Pitic, 20, died after suffering a serious head injury in an assault at Queensbury tube station on 10 March.
Ciprian Mandachi, 23, and Alin Mihai, 23, were charged with murder.
- Nathaniel Armstrong, 29, was stabbed to death in Gowan Avenue, Fulham, on 16 March. Lovel Bailey, 29, was charged with murder but the case was discontinued due to insufficient evidence in June 2019.
- Abdirashid Mohamoud, 17, was chased and stabbed to death in Union Lane, Isleworth, on 22 March.
- Ravi Katharkamar, 54, was stabbed to death in a suspected robbery at Marsh Food and Wine in Marsh Road, Pinner, on 24 March. Alexander Stephen Gunn, 31, has been charged with murder.
- Ramane Richard Wiggan, 25, was shot dead in Friar Mews, West Norwood, on 27 March.
- Zahir Visiter, 25, was stabbed to death in Cunningham Place, St John’s Wood, on 28 March. Two suspects were seen leaving the area and entering a nearby mosque. Kamal Hussain, 21, and Yosif Ahmed, 18, were charged with murder.
- Gavin Garraway, 40, was stabbed to death in his car on Clapham Park Road near Clapham Common tube station on 29 March. Zion Chiata, 18, has been charged with murder.
- Calvin Bungisa, 22, was chased and stabbed to death in Grafton Road, Kentish Town, on 1 April. The suspects then ran back to Vicar’s Road and escaped in a dark coloured VW Bora, which was found burnt out hours later in Court Gardens. Detective Chief Inspector Mark Cranwell said the murder may be gang-related.
- Hubert Hall, 60, suffered a head injury during a suspected assault in Hoe Street, Walthamstow, on 2 April and died in hospital on 3 April. David Dalling, 44 , has been charged with murder and robbery.
- Annabelle Lancaster, 22, died after being found injured in the street in Brookbank, Turkey Street, Enfield, on 7 April. A man was arrested on suspicion of murder before being released on bail.
- Noore Bashir Salad, 22, was stabbed to death in Church Road, Manor Park, on 8 April. He also suffered gunshot wounds. Detectives believe he was approached by three men who fled towards Browning Road.
- Aron Kato, 28, was last seen being pushed into a BMW car on Ley Street, Ilford, shortly after 4.30am on 18 April. Police launched a murder investigation in July after failing to trace eitther him or the vehicle. A £10,000 reward for information was offered by the Crimestoppers charity.
- Gopinath Kasivisuwanathan, 27, died after suffering injuries when a car was driven at him and a 21 year-old man outside Alperton tube station in Ealing Road, Wembley, on 16 April.
Camasan Judes Emanuvel, 35, has been charged with murder.
- Steven Brown, 47, was stabbed to death in Matthias Road, Stoke Newington, on 17 April.
- Meshach Lee Mitchell Williams, 21, was stabbed to death in High Street Harlesden on 23 April. Police believe that the suspects arrived in two cars and blocked traffic in order to carry out the attack. Dominic Calder, 18, Mikel Mulqueen, 18, and Emmanuel Kamara 23, were charged with murder.
- Joshua White, 29, was stabbed to death in Frampton Park Road, Hackney, on 26 April. Police said the attackers arrived in a white Ford SUV-type vehicle. A 16-year-old boy and
Taylar Isaac, 18, were charged with murder.
- Amy Parsons, 35, was found beaten to death at a flat in Crowder Street, Whitechapel, on 26 April. Her partner Roderick Deakin-White, 37, of Crowder Street, was charged with murder.
- Mihrican Mustafa, a 38-year-old mother-of-three, was found dead in a freezer at a flat in Vandome Close, Canning Town, on 26 April. A second body was also found (see below). Both had suffered multiple injuries but a postmortem was unable to establish a cause of death.
- Henriett Szucs, 34, was found dead in a freezer at a flat in Vandome Close, Canning Town, on 26 April. Zahid Younis, 34, was charged with two counts of preventing a lawful and decent burial.
- An eight-week-old girl died at a residential address in the SE16 postcode area (Rotherhithe/Surrey Quays) at around 10.16am on 26 April. A postmortem showed the baby had suffered broken bones. A man and a woman were arrested on suspicion of murder.
- Tashaûn Aird, 15, was chased and stabbed to death after a confrontation with a group of youths in a park near Somerford Grove, Hackney Downs / Stoke Newington, on 1 May. Romaine Williams-Reid, 18, two 15-year-old boys and a 16-year-old boy were charged with murder.
- Constantin Sin, 51, died after being hit by a car in High Road, Leytonstone, on 5 May. Police said it appeared to be a deliberate act by the driver following an altercation in the street. Riyaz Adam, 25, was charged with murder.
- McCaulay Junior Urugbezi-Edwards, 18, was chased and stabbed to death in Tiverton Street, Southwark, on 5 May. A 17 year-old man was charged with murder.
- Mohammed Shah Subhani, 27, was last seen in Heston at 12.30pm on 7 May. His white Audi Q3, registration LC67 CXS, was seen travelling south on Whitton Road in the direction of Park Road at 3.49pm that day. False plates were placed on the vehicle one or two days later. It was recovered in Camden on 19 June following a police pursuit, but the three occupants evaded arrest. In August 2019 detectives said it was being treated as a murder inquiry due to the length of time and ballistic evidence recovered from the car.
- Barrington Davis, 54, was found dead at his flat in Torridon Road, Catford, on 16 May. Police forced entry to the address at 7am after neighbours said he had not been seen for some time. A postmortem found the cause of death was multiple stab wounds.
- Tatiana Koudriavtsev, 68, was found dead at a flat in Adair Tower, Appleford Road, North Kensington, at 6.40am on 23 May. Her partner was also found dead (see below).
- Vladimir Koudriavtsev, 69, was found dead at the flat in Adair Tower, North Kensington. Son Sergey Koudriavtsev, 48, was charged with both murders.
- Alimuz Zaman, 23, was stabbed to death in St Paul’s Way, Bow, at 4.30pm on 26 May. Alimal Islam, 19, and Mofizur Rahman, 19, were charged with murder.
- Iderval da Silva, a 46 year-old Brazilian man, died of head injuries on 28 May, three days after he was assaulted while trying to stop thieves stealing his moped in Charlotte Despard Avenue, Battersea, at 4.32pm on 25 May. Jaden Richards, 19, a 17-year-old man, and two 16 year-old boys were charged with murder.
- Ismaila Ceesay, 33, was stabbed in the abdomen during a right in Warwick Road, Forest Gate, at around 1.15am on 28 May.
- Graham Howe, 53, died of a head injury after a suspected assault at The Fleadh pub in Preston Road, Harrow, at around 11.05pm on 30 May.
- Steven Kennedy, 61, suffered a head injury during a suspected assault in Plaistow Park at 11.35am on 30 May. He died three days later on 2 June. Mohammed Metowlli, 23,, was charged with GBH and manslaughter.
- Baris Kucuk, 33, was stabbed in the leg in Seven Sisters Road, Stamford Hill, at 3.09am on 1 June. He died in hospital on 3 June. Adam Tarik, 24, was charged with murder.
- Suspicious death of 43-year-old Adrian Murphy at a flat in Lombard Road, Battersea, on 4 June. Detectives believe he was drugged after arranging to meet a stranger using a dating app. His death has been linked to an earlier robbery and rape in Walthamstow. A 24 year-old man and a 17 year-old girl were arrested on suspicion of murder.
- Cheyon Evans, 18, was stabbed to death in Deeside Road, Earlsfield, Wandsworth, at around 4.42pm on 14 June. Mohammed Nadir Dafallah, 18, and two other men aged 17 and 18 were charged with murder.
- Eniola Aluko, 19, was shot dead in a car park in Hartville Road, Plumstead, at around 4.54pm on 14 June. His family said in a statement: “Eniola was a wonderful son who was looking forward to starting university later this year. He was good, kind and respectful and we are struggling to understand why he has been taken from us. “
- Gleb Stanislavovitch Zhebrovsky, 34, was stabbed to death in Alton Street, Poplar, at around 1.58pm on 15 June. Yasin Omar Amare, 28, was charged with murder.
- Giedrius Juskauskas, 42, was stabbed to death in Whalebone Lane, Stratford, at around 12.40am on 17 June. Mantas Kvedaras, 25, was charged with murder and Asta Juskauskiene, 34, was charged with conspiracy to commit murder.
- Stepan Suslyk, 40, died in hospital of blunt force trauma to the head on 18 June. Police believe he suffered the injury in Holland Park Avenue, Notting Hill, in the early hours of 16 June. Serhiy Pelykh, 22, was charged with manslaughter.
- David Bello-Monerville, 38, was stabbed during a fight in Welbeck Road, Barnet, at around 10.50pm on 18 June and was pronounced dead in hospital shortly after midnight. Two other men suffered stab injuries. Nathan Harewood, 27, Khalil Rehman, 26, and Francis Appiagyei, 27, were charged with murder.
- Ionut Manea, 38, died after suffering severe burns in a fire at a temporary campsite on land near the A406 in Ilford at around 11.45pm on 18 June. A second man aged 43 remains in critical condition in hospital. Petra Deliu, 51, and a 37 year-old man were charged with murder, attempted murder and arson with intent to endanger life.
- Edward Simpson, 25, was shot dead at Exeter House on Water Mill Way, Feltham, at around 11.08pm on 21 June.
- Yusuf Mohamed, 18, was stabbed to death after being chased into a shop in Uxbridge Road, Shepherd’s Bush, at around 9.20pm on 26 June. Two 17 year-old males were charged with murder.
- Kelly Mary Fauvrelle, 26, was stabbed to death at her home in Raymead Avenue, Thornton Heath, at around 3.30am on 29 June. She was eight months pregnant. Her baby was delivered at the scene and taken to hospital.
- Riley Fauvrelle, the son of Kelly Mary, died in hospital on 3 July. Aaron McKenzie, 25, was charged with the murder of Kelly Fauvrelle and the manslaughter of Riley Fauvrelle.
- A 54-year-old man died in hospital after being assaulted in Coldharbour Lane, Brixton, at around 5.55pm on 29 June.
- Faudi Mohamed, 28, was stabbed to death in Ron Leighton Way, East Ham, at around 11.07pm on 29 June. Muhammed Hussain, 23, was charged with murder.
- Amara Toure, 18, died in hospital after being stabbed in Sutherland Walk, Walworth, at around 4.51am on 30 June. Paulinho Paulo, 20, Dullah Abdullah, 20, and Sultan Chaudhry, 20, were charged with murder.
- Gary Blagrove, 44, died in hospital on 2 July, three days after he was assaulted at a flat in New Kings Road, Fulham. Rakim Noel, 24, was charged with murder.
- Tesfa Campbell, 40, died in hospital after being stabbed in Latchmere Road, Battersea, Wandsworth, at around 2.45pm on 3 July. Jerome Bailey, 37, was charged with murder.
- Amanda Gretton, 57, was found dead at garages in Prendergast Road, Blackheath, at around 5pm on 5 July. She had been reported missing by her family on 15 May. Police said the body had “injuries suggestive of third party involvement”.
- Craig Small, 32, was shot outside a shop in Harrow Road near Monks Park, Wembley, at around 8.10pm on 5 July. He died shortly after arriving at hospital. Courtney Ellis, 34, was charged with murder.
- Grineo Daka, 27, was shot dead at the Phoenix snooker club in Lea Bridge Road, Leyton, shortly before 3am on 7 July. Liridon Saliuka, 29, was charged with murder.
- Kwasi Mensah-Ababio, 26, was found shot in the head in Monks Park, near Monks Park Gardens, Wembley, at 7.05pm on 7 July. Alhassan Jalloh, 20, Karlos Gracia, 22, Taalib Rowe, 24, and Rene Montaque, 34, were charged with murder.
- Leo Marcus, 22, was stabbed in Tellson Avenue, Woolwich, at around 2.40pm on 10 July. He died six hours later. Shackim Taylor, 19 , was charged with murder and robbery.
- Boluwatife Oyewunmi, 22, died in hospital on 11 July of cardiac arrest, pneumonia and brain injury caused by a gunshot wound. He had been shot in Lincoln Road, Enfield, more than two years earlier, at around 9.45pm on 5 April 2017. A murder investigation was launched following his death and five men remain under investigation.
- Kye Manning, 19, was stabbed in the heart on Brighton Road, Purley, Croydon, at 9.10pm on 11 July.
- Layla Arizo, 74, was found stabbed to death at her home in Redfern Avenue, Whitton, at 9.41am on 12 July.
- Her husband Akbar Arizo, 64, was found stabbed to death at the same property. The couple’s son Mustafa Arizo, 31, was charged with both murders.
- Diane Dyer, 61, was found dead at her home in Oakwood Avenue, Beckenham, at 11.08pm on 18 July. She had suffered blunt force trauma to the head and face. David Samuel McCorkell, 54, was charged with murder.
- Robert Komuro, 41, was found with serious head injuries on Gordon Road, Yiewsley, Hillingdon, shortly after 10pm on 23 July. He died in hospital at 1.49pm on 25 July.
- Abdullahi Hassan, 20, was stabbed in Boundary Road, South Hampstead, at 11.45pm on 25 July and was pronouncd dead at 12.37am on 26 July. Amil Choudhury, 20, and Mohammed Mahir Miah, 20, were charged with murder.
- Liam Dent, 25, was hit by a car in Moor Lane, Chessington, at around 12.13am on 26 July and died at the scene. Police said it appeared to be “a pre-meditated attack where the driver collided with the victim and then dragged him for half a mile before making off”. The car, a Ford S Max, was found burnt out in Cyclamen Way in Epsom. Detectives believe Liam was involved in a dispute between two groups outside the Lucky Rover pub in Chessington earlier that night.
- Alcivradis Mavredis, 60, died in hospital of head injuries on 31 July. He had been assaulted outside the Royal Oak pub in St John’s Road, Hornsey Rise, Islington, at around 1.10am on 13 July and was taken to hospital at 6.40am after police were called to reports of an unconscious man at an address in Beachcroft Way. Leon Tayler, 26, was charged with murder.
- Dorothy Woolmer, 89, was found dead at her home in Waltheof Gardens, Tottenham, at around 10.45am on Sunday 4 August. Reece Dempster, 22, was charged with murder, rape and burglary.
- Alex Smith, 16, was chased and stabbed to death in Munster Square on the Regent’s Park Estate in Camden at around 11.10pm on 12 August. Yusuf Yusuf and Arif Biomy, both 19, were charged with murder.
- Solomon Small, 18, was stabbed to death in Corrance Road, Brixton, shortly before 2pm on 15 August. A 17 year-old boy was charged with murder.
- Amrou Greenidge, 18, was cycling in Broomhouse Lane, Fulham, when he was hit by a car and then assaulted at around 2.43pm on 18 August. He suffered serious head injuries and died in hospital two days later. Five men were charged with murder: Darrel Mortimer and Connor Gwynn-Bliss, both 19, a 17-year-old and two aged 16.
- Allan Isichei, 69, was stabbed to death in St Mary’s Avenue South, Southall, at 6.41pm on 24 August. Gurjeet Singh Lall, 35, was charged with murder.
- Santino Angelo Dymiter, 18, was stabbed to death in Chadd Green, Plaistow, at 3.30pm on 26 August. The suspects fled the scene in a black Ford S-Max which was found abandoned on Stansfeld Road, Becton. Two boys aged 14 and 16 were charged with murder.
- A 15-month-old child died shortly after emergency services were called to a home in Putney at 6.06am on 27 August. The death is being treated as suspicious and a man and a woman were arrested on suspicion of murder.
- Lee Casey, 39, was stabbed when he intervened in a suspected robbery on Brixton Hill, Brixton, at around 12.07pm on 29 August. He died in hospital two hours later. Levi Paschal, 33, was charged with murder.
- Laura Rakstelyte, 31, was found stabbed to death in the garden of her home in The Drive, Ilford, at 12.57pm on 29 August. Police also found the body of Rahul Malhi, 43, who had injuries to his wrists and neck. Nobody else is being sought in connection with the investigation.
- Sandra Samuels, 44, was found dead at her flat in Herrick House, Howard Road, Stoke Newington, at 1.30pm on 31 August. Gavin Shane Carl Lewis, 40, was charged with murder.
- Norman Bertran-Tavarez, 24, was stabbed at Elephant and Castle tube station shortly before 11.30pm on 1 September and died in hospital on the morning of 2 September.
- Michael Irving, 15, was stabbed to death in Byford Close, Stratford, at 6.45pm on 3 September. Two boys aged 15 and 16 were charged with murder.
- Perry Jordan Brammer, 15, suffered multiple stab wounds in Willan Road, Tottenham, at 11.14am on 30 August and died in hospital on 5 September. Police said the suspect fled on a yellow bicycle found abandoned in a nearby alleyway. Romario Lindo, 21, was charged with murder.
- Sahkira Mercedes Gwendolin Loseke, 22, was stabbed to death on Belmont Street, Chalk Farm, at 11.13pm on 8 September 2019. Siobhan Collins-Grant, 26, was charged with murder.
- Wilson Alexandre Garcia Varela, 24, was shot in the chest near the Fiddlers Elbow pub on Malden Road, Kentish Town, shortly before midnight, on 8 September 2019. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 12:10am on 9 September. Police said it appeared to be a drive-by shooting by two suspects on a moped and that Mr Varela was wrongly shot by gang members in a case of mistaken identity.
- Josiph Beker, 17, was stabbed in the chest outside a KFC restaurant on Edgware Road, Marylebone, at around 1.54pm on 10 September. He died in hospital at 7.29pm. Detectives said they believed he was stabbed after an altercation broke out between his friends and another group. Three 16-year-old boys and one 17-year-old boy were charged with murder.
- Assad Abdullah Yarow, 25, was stabbed to death near Camden Town tube station on Camden High Street at around 11.10pm on 12 September.
- Omar Smith, 34, suffered stab and head injuries during a fight at a chicken shop in Downham Way, Grove Park, Lewisham, at around 11.55pm on 13 September. He died in hospital on 14 September.
- Julio Gomes, 29, was stabbed to death in Houndsfield Road, Edmonton, at 8.10pm on 14 September. Lucas Siemienowicz, 39, was charged with murder.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe any other cases should be included.
This list does not include:
Linda McArity, 50, found dead at a house in Hobday Street, Poplar, on 30 December 2018, initially treated as unexplained, murder investigation launched after postmortem on 4 January 2019.
Death from head injuries of unidentified 43 year-old man found unconscious near Tower Hill station on the morning of 17 February 2019. The Metropolitan announced on 26 March it was not being treated as suspicious.
Death of Alan Powell, 80, on 22 February 2019, two days after being found with back and facial injuries in the street in Hornchurch. An inquest found he died of natural causes due to a fall.
Death of man in his 40s in Northolt Road, Harrow, on 3 April 2019. Police concluded the death was not suspicious and was related to a pre-existing medical condition.
Unexplained death of 25 year-old man who was found suffering from a head injury in Dunelm Grove, West Norwood, on 9 April.
Unexplained death of a man in his 30s found at house in Hedgeman’s Road, Dagenham, on 20 April. Four men were arrested on suspicion of murder and released on bail.
Death of Erik San-Filippo, a 23 year-old Italian national whose body was found in a wheelie bin in Islington on 11 May. Tests found the cause of death was a drug overdose. Gerardo Rossi, 52, was charged with preventing a lawful burial.
Death of 46 year-old woman in a house fire in Cray Avenue, Orpington, on 28 May. A 45 year-old man died in hospital on 2 June.
Suspicious death of a woman in her 30s at the Ramada Hotel in Leisure Way, Finchley, on 6 June. The class A drug heroin was found at the scene.
Unexplained death of 49 year-old man who collapsed outside the Black Heart pub in Greenland Place, Camden, on 21 June.
A 25-year-old man was found shot dead in Sydenham Road, Sydenham, at 3.45pm on 8 September. Detectives said that “one hypothesis is that the man unintentionally discharged a firearm resulting in his fatal injury.”