Unsolved Murders in London: 2012

These four murder cases in London in 2012 remain unsolved. Can you help? Contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Earl ‘Duke’ Warburton, 58, died after being assaulted during a robbery of his flat in Loampit Hill, Lewisham. Police were called to the address at around 2.25am on 15 February 2012. Mr Warburton, who was a well known character who ran a brothel named ‘Madonnas’, had suffered multiple injuries and was pronounced dead 15 minutes later. A reward of £20,000 was offered for information leading to the prosecution of those responsible for the murder but nobody was charged. On the second anniversary of the killing, DI Rick Murphy said: “We are particularly keen to speak to anyone who was in the area at the time of the attack and who may have seen or heard anything suspicious. We are also keen to speak to anyone who may have worked for him in the weeks or months leading up to his attack. We appreciate that given the nature of the business Mr Warburton ran people may be concerned about coming forward. We would like to stress that any information will be treated in the strictest confidence.” Contact the incident room on 020 8721 4868.

Marvin Hogan, 28, was stabbed to death for his car keys in Leyton, east London, on Monday 4 June, 2012. He was attacked after getting out of his silver Vauxhall Astra in Winsor Road during a row with a group of men. Mr Hogan was found injured in Thornhill Gardens at around 9.40pm and died in hospital in the early hours of the following morning. A postmortem gave the cause of death as a stab wound to the chest. His keyring, which held his car keys and the entry key to his flat, was stolen during the attack. Seven men were arrested but nobody was charged. During a renewed appeal in January 2013, Mr Hogan’s mother Jean Alleyne said: “l would like to appeal to anyone that knows anything about my son’s death to come forward, you do not have to leave your name this can be done anonymously. I feel that these were local boys who committed this murder and took my son away at a very young age from the people that loved him. I also appeal to family members, aunts, uncles and friends to do the right thing in helping to bring this person to justice that took my son from me and his family so cruelly that bank holiday Monday while I was at work. This person is still out there walking around free probably not far from where my son was murdered I want him caught so can have my peace. I will not rest until my son’s killer has been found.” Anyone with information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8721 4805.

Pamela Wheeler, a 76 year-old widow, was found dead at her home after a suspected burglary. Police were called to the house in New Acres Road, Thamesmead, south London, at around 6.25pm on Sunday 22 July, 2012. Her wrists and ankles had been tied together and a postmortem gave the cause of death as suffocation and head injury. The last confirmed sighting of Mrs Wheeler was at a local Morrison’s supermarket on 9 July. Neighbours noticed that she had not left out food for the cats on the morning of Friday 20 July. Renewing the police appeal in July 2013, DCI Graeme Gwyn said: “This investigation remains open and I am keen to speak with anyone who has yet to come forward to police with any information that may assist our enquiries. Pam was attacked in her own home, and I am certain that someone has information that will assist us in bringing the perpetrator of this horrific and violent death to justice.” There were no publicised arrests. Contact the incident room on 020 8721 4805.

Teon Palmer, 28, was stabbed in the chest in Lower Edmonton, north London, at around 11.10pm on Saturday 20 October 2012. Detectives believe his car had all four tyres slashed shortly before the attack in Montague Road at the junction with Goodwin Road. Mr Palmer was pronounced dead at the scene. Witnesses saw up to seven black males wearing hooded tops or jackets leaving the scene. Four of them are believed to have been on bicycles. Four men aged between 20 and 23 were arrested but nobody was charged. On the fourth anniversary of the murder, DI John Marriott said: “I strongly believe that there are people, who were not there that night, who know who stabbed Teon. I would urge them to contact us. It is also possible that allegiances have changed, and that someone, who may not have wished to speak with police at the time, may now be encouraged to do so. Teon’s family deserve to know what happened.” Contact the incident room on 0208 345 1570.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *