These six cases of homicide in London remain unsolved. Can you help bring the killers to justice?

Marc Allen, 51, died trying to stop a thief stealing his car from the driveway of his home in Erith.

He was found suffering from head injuries on Peareswood Road at 3am on 29 December 2019 and remained in a coma until his death on 29 January 2020.

Detectives believe the suspect deliberately drove towards the victim, hitting him and forcing him over the top of the car, before leaving the scene. It is thought the stolen car, a grey Mercedes GLA, was left near Bronze Age Way in Erith for several hours after the incident.

The Mercedes was recovered from the E14 area on 31 December 2019.

Three men were arrested on suspicion of murder and released under investigation but nobody has been charged.

The Metropolitan Police are offering a reward of up to £10,000 for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the murder.

Detective Inspector Jason Fitzpatrick, Specialist Crime South, said: “This was a cold-blooded act. For the sake of a stolen car, a man was run down and left helplessly lying in the road. More than anything, we want to find out who is responsible for this and we need those with information to come forward and stop protecting this killer. Our enquiries continue and I want anyone who has knowledge to really think about coming forward. Your information could lead to us solving this crime and finally giving Marc’s family a little peace.”

As a family we would wish to start this statement showing the love we have for Marc, he will always be a beloved part of our family and a dear friend to those that had the pleasure of knowing him, Marc is and always will be sadly missed.

Marc spent two years battling with ill health and making tough decisions that most would struggle to make. With all that life dealt him, he battled through and refused to sit back and let life keep him down. Just as things were starting to look brighter and Marc was getting back to his normal routine, the 29 December 2019 happened and those that I can only refer to as cowards attempted to steal his car and ended with Marc badly hurt. The four weeks we spent in Kings College Hospital are some of the darkest days as a family, we have had to go through hanging on to the hope that Marc would wake up, which culminated with our parents having to make the heart wrenching decision that the 29 January 2020 will be the day we say goodbye.

Losing Marc in the way we have, brings a level of grief that no one could have prepared us for. As a family we cried for Marc, as individuals we cried with and supported those in pain around us. There is a wound we all carry now that will never fully heal, but with every day, we get stronger, we help each other to smile a little more and appreciate the memories we have of him. Many of the family thank Marc for his parting gift of bringing us back to each other before life got in the way.

We still hang on to hope that Marc will get some justice.

It is only fitting Marc has the last words which he posted 10 days before his long sleep: “My family is my Greatest Gift we are not perfect, but I love them with all my heart”.

Statement from Marc’s family in December 2020

Anyone with information is asked to contact Specialist Crime South on 020 8721 4622. To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Oluwamayowa ‘Samson’ Adeymi, 21, was shot in the chest in Brackenfield Close, Clapton, Hackney, at around 11.30pm on 5 June. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

The suspects are believed to have used a large Volvo estate bearing the false registration plate EX18EXE, which was found abandoned in Cowper Road, Stoke Newington, the next morning.

Detective Chief Inspector Paul Considine said: “The car is a large estate vehicle and had some distinguishing features in that there were scuff marks to both corners of the front bumper and the front passenger door mirror was held on with tape. I am really keen to hear from anyone that has seen this Volvo or knows who drives it. My officers and I need to hear from you if you have any information about this car, no matter how insignificant you may think it to be your information could be key to our investigation.

“Equally I am keen to hear from anyone that witnessed the shooting in Brackenfield Close on Friday night or anyone that has any other information that might assist the investigation. This is a tragic incident that has resulted in the loss of a young man’s life and has left his family and friends devastated. If you can help us find those responsible, then please get in contact.”

Seven people were arrested by police investigating the murder but nobody has been charged.

Anyone with information is asked to call the police incident room on 020 8345 3865 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Alexander Kareem, 20, was shot in the chest and abdomen in Askew Road, Shepherds Bush, at around 12.40am on 8 June. He was pronounced dead at the scene at 1.26am.

Police said he was riding an e-scooter to a friend’s house after visiting a local convenience store when he was attacked in what is believed to be a case of mistaken identity.

Detectives appealed for witnesses who saw a white Range Rover which drove away from the scene and was later found burnt out in Ascott Avenue, Ealing, at 1.05am.

CCTV of white Range Rover believed to be linked to the murder of Alexander Kareem

Detective Chief Inspector Wayne Jolley, said: “All lines of inquiry point to this being a tragic case of mistaken identity. Alexander did nothing wrong that night, he simply left a convenience store. The people who did this must be brought to justice, they ruthlessly shot down an innocent man in the street with no care of the consequences. We continue to urge anyone with information to come forward. These people do not deserve your protection, they set out to cause harm.”

Nine people were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder but nobody has been charged.

A £20,000 reward for information is being offered by Crimestoppers.

Alex was a loving and caring boy who was loved by so many. He was so enthusiastic about what he did, he loved IT and computers. He loved to see his friends, like any other young boy. His life was tragically cut short by such a senseless act of violence which no one should ever have to endure. He will never have the ability to grow up and live the life we all can, he had plans to go to university in September. We are truly heartbroken at the loss. He was so loved and we will miss him for ever.

We are asking you to come forward with any information you may have, we need answers for us to start to heal. The perpetrators are using the silence of the public as protection against the consequences of their hideous and unspeakable crime. Please, protect them no longer. If you know what happened, if you know who did this, please do the decent thing and contact the police or Crimestoppers. Someone in the community knows who killed him, they know who pulled the trigger so ruthlessly and unnecessarily at our gentle and caring Alex.

Statement from Alexander’s family

During a renewed appeal in 2023, Alex’s sister Khafi and brother Kabir both appealed for witnesses to come forward.

Khafi said: “We are living with this every day. I had three brothers, now I only have two. Sometimes I will see something in a shop and think ‘that would look nice on Alexander’, and then it hits me over again.

“How can we live in a society where someone goes to the shop to buy sweets and their life is taken?

“I would say to the people that did this, don’t let something like this rest on your conscience. Come forward. Speak.

“You will not get away with this. We cannot rest. You will not get away with it.”

Kabir said: “It’s about protecting our people and our communities. Don’t protect them [Alexander’s killers].

“If you know something – talk. For the love of God please talk, just speak. If you did this you are not going to get away with it.”

Call police on 101 or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Ahmed Yasin-Ali, 18, was stabbed in Elmfield Way, Maida Hill, Westminster, at around 12.30am on 15 July. He was pronounced dead in hospital at 1.06am.

Police believe a Mazda 2 GT Sport with a cloned registration plate of LD17 CXS was used in the murder.

The car was captured on CCTV moments before the murder and officers appealed for information in an attempt to trace it.

DCI Vicky Tunstall said: “This is car was involved in the death of a young man whose life was taken in a tragic and unnecessary way. Finding this car will be key to our investigation and my team will leave no stone unturned in their efforts to find it.

“Ahmed’s family are devastated by the loss of their son and brother. Ahmed was only 18 years old, had his whole life ahead of him and had aspirations to attend university, so this is a particularly tragic and wasted loss of life. I would also like to appeal to those in the community who may hear, or know information about this tragic death.”

Six people were arrested in connection with the murder but nobody has been charged.

Our beloved son, brother and friend peacefully passed away on Wednesday morning. He was loved by all and will forever be missed. Caring, loving, and by far the most clean-hearted of us all. He wanted nothing but good for everyone and himself; striving hard in his school work and job to make it to university in order to provide our family with a better life.

Our family wants to prevent such devastating acts from happening ever again, this means that we are fully cooperating with the police and respect the law. More than anything we must understand that Ahmed was sadly a victim of youth violence and the last thing we need is any retaliation or revenge. We as Muslims forgive those who so painfully took away our precious and beautiful son. Forever in our hearts, our neighbourhood hero.

Statement from Ahmed’s family

Call Crimestoppers to provide information on 0800 555 111.

Jeremy Meneses-Chalarca, 17, was stabbed in Market Place near the junction with Oxford Street in London’s West End at 5.38pm on 8 August. He died in hospital at 7.33pm.

Police said the attack took place after a fight between several young men and was witnessed by a large number of people.

Detective Chief Inspector Katherine Goodwin said: “We need anyone who has information, video or images to speak to us and tell us what they know. Your assistance could prove vital as we investigate this terrible incident.”

Three men aged 18 were arrested on suspicion of murder after presenting themselves to hospital with superficial stab injuries before being released. Nobody has been charged.

Jeffrey Wegbe, 26, was shot in the chest at his home in Hansel Road, Kilburn, northwest London, at around 12.20am on 12 August. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said he was pursued by two suspects who got out of a silver Jaguar XF Estate which was seen on CCTV circling the area before the attack.

He was chased into his home and shot four times using two different guns before the suspects fled in the same car. They were described as wearing hoodies and dressed in black.

Jaguar XF
Jaguar XF used by the killers of Jeffrey Wegbe

The Metropolitan Police offered a £20,000 reward for information leading to the conviction of those responsible.

Detective Inspector James Howarth said: “Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us, as you may hold a significant piece of information that could help our investigation and get justice for Jeffrey and his family. Silence only protects violent criminals, who rely on it to continue causing bloodshed and misery in our communities.

“I believe someone in the local community has information about Jeffrey’s murder that could be crucial. All I need is for you to share it. Please do the right thing and work with us to take the people involved in serious violent crime off the streets and put them in jail.”

“If you did, or you have any other information about this car, my officers and I need to hear from you. Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us, as you may hold a significant piece of information that could help our investigation and get justice for Jeffrey and his family.”

Our beloved Jeffrey was killed in a senseless and violent attack. Understandably, we are distraught by the news and ask that you keep us all in your thoughts and prayers. We would also like to say a huge thank you to the family, police and wider community for all their support.

Statement from Jeffrey’s family

Two men were arrested but nobody has been charged. An inquest heard there was insufficient evidence to proceed with a prosecution.

Three other cases could also be considered unsolved:

Dean Edwards, 43, was shot in Betts Park in Penge, south-east London, in the early hours of 12 July 2020. A suspect was charged but was acquitted after a trial at the Old Bailey. He denied involvement.

Skahur Hassan, 23, was shot dead in Austin Road, Hayes, on 13 October 2020. Two men and two boys aged 13 and 16 were charged with murder but the charges were dropped before trial. Jamie Ayres, 47, and the two teenagers admitted perverting the course of justice by providing the killers with clothing before the shooting. Five men were named as suspects during the trial but they are believed to have fled the UK.

Detectives investigating the case of Joanna Borucka, who was found dead in a suitcase in Southall, west London, on 18 December, are yet to reveal a specific cause of death but have appealed for help tracing Lithuanian Petras Zalynas, 50, who is believed to have left the UK and headed to Germany.

Support murdermap

We rely on subscriptions and donations to fund the website.
Sign up for just £5 per year.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *